Vacancy for Graphic & User Interface (UI) Designer in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 15.11.2018
Directly responsible for the overall design and illustrative/graphic/visuals for use in exhibition display or department/school publications, scholarly work and professional journal. Serves as principle coordinator for graphic publication production while managing to a prescribed budget. Works collaboratively with the department head and/or contributing authors to realize a final product.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production. Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines;
- Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design;
- Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction;
- Designs, lays out, and produces artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs, books and reports;
- Works with others, such as printers, programmers, developers or other technicians, to complete the final product;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- May manage budget, including invoicing, tracking project expenditures and assisting in budget development by summarizing, researching and analyzing past project expenditures;
- May coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
- May handle copyright, reprint, and permission processes;
- May provide information to faculty, students and staff regarding design of publication;
- Works with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design; collaborates with a photographer;
- Uses computer software to execute designs;
- Proofreads to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver etc.);
- Develops interactive design for the website;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- University Degree in Graphic Design or related field of study;
- A minimum of 3 years of print and digital design experience;
- Excellent knowledge of common industry applications (i.e., Adobe CC suite (PC & Mac), especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom);
- Comfortable working on trilingual design projects (English, Azerbaijani and Russian);
- Strong working knowledge of printing, publishing and/or graphics art procedures, related computer software and web-based technologies;
- Fluency for the tools and practice of digital design, social media platforms and tools;
- Ability to work well under pressure and multiple deadlines;
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Important Note: Link to professional online portfolio for internal review is required.
Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered
(Could be uploaded to behance.net; facebook page or any other online recourses)