Vacancy for IELTS/English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Instructor in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 24.11.2018
Position: IELTS/English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Instructor
Baku Modern Educational Complex (BMEC) is one of the leading educational institutions in Azerbaijan and the region, which offers top-quality education and brighter future to its students. BMEC was founded in 2012, and since that time, it has been demonstrating an outstanding progress and significant student body increase (by more than 100%). BMEC maintains high standards for better work environment. The complex is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and never discriminates against any worker or job candidate because of his race, color, religion, national origin, age, and physical disability.
- Preparing students for the IELTS/EAP examinations in accordance with the coursecurriculum
- Taking responsibility for the work and progress of the students taught
- Administering and assessing the placement tests for incoming students.
- Preparing effective examination strategies, hints and tips along with familiarizing students with the IELTS/EAP assessment format
- Preparing and teaching lessons that serve for the whole ability range within those being taught
- Adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Preparing, administering, and assessing mock tests in order to evaluate students' progress
- Meeting the BMEC learning performance goals
- Providing feedback to parents and BMEC leadership on the progress of the students taught via written reports
- Conferring with the BMEC leadership in order to resolve students' academic problems
- Working with colleagues and department leadership to develop and plan as required
- Tutoring students on an individual basis if necessary
- Observing and evaluating student’s performance
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the IELTS examination
- Attending staff meetings and staff training as required
- Getting familiar and following school facility/equipment use guidelines, and also instruct/ monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent damages
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching (preferably ESL) from accredited university
- 5 Years tutoring experience
- Clear Criminal Record
- Extra teaching credentials would be an asset
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please indicate the name of the position (IELTS/English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Instructor) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Otherwise, the candidacy will not be considered in the review process of the applications collected.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.