Vacancy for Policy Advisor in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 29.11.2018
The Secretariat of Copa-Cogeca wich represents European farmers and European agri-cooperatives is recruiting a:
Policy Advisor (m/f).
Its main functions will be:
- monitor the European Commission's regulatory initiatives and identify emerging trends, particularly in the areas of Food safety, nutrition and consumer information. Quality Assurance and Promotion of agricultural products. Animal nutrition and feed safety.
- provide thorough analysis and assessment of developments and their impacts in Copa-Cogeca members and develop Copa-Cogeca positions;
- organise and coordinate the respective Copa-Cogeca Working Parties
- develop, in collaboration with members, Copa-Cogeca's lobbying activities to influence the EU institutions and external partners.
- develop networking with member organisations of Copa-Cogeca and other European NGOs.
- report to the team's Director and be capable of working in a multicultural environment.
- University degree (M.SC) in agronomy, veterinary science, biology or related areas.
- Strong knowledge of the CAP Food safety, Animal nutrition and feed safety, quality and promotion policies.
- Professional experience in agriculture at European level and/or in other EC institutions is an advantage.
- Language skills: Fluency in English and French are required. Other EU laguage(s) are an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical skills and efficient communicator.
- Computer literacy: MS Office applications and modern communication tools.
Please send your application (CV + covering letter in EN or FR) by 17th Decemeber 2018 to:
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted