Vacancy for EducationUSA Adviser in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 05.10.2018
American Councils for International Education
OPEN TO: Everyone
POSITION: EducationUSA Adviser (Temporary)
WORK HOURS: Full time; 40 hours/week
LENGTH OF HIRE: 18 month (with possibility of extension)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Salary based on experience
American Councils for International Education is seeking individuals for a temporary EducationUSA Adviser position.
The Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) fund EducationUSA with support from the U.S. Embassy in Baku. EducationUSA adviser provide students with accurate, comprehensive, and current information about educational institutions and opportunities in the United States as well as how to apply to accredited U.S. colleges and universities. The Adviser will work in close cooperation with American Councils staff and will have the below mentioned responsibilities.
- Provide individualized, group consultations and lectures to visitors on any matter related to higher education in the USA and give out information about U.S. government programs in Azerbaijan.
- Manage social media pages and promotional handouts of EducationUSA Azerbaijan.
- Organize, implement and manage Competitive College Club program.
- Organize and implement U.S. Alumni Fair, EducationUSA Fair and International Education Week.
- Travel to the regions twice a month to deliver lectures and presentations on matters related to higher education in the USA and U.S Exchange programs to regional students.
- Organize, implement Regional Advisers program and manage work of Regional Advisers.
- Travel to the regions to monitor work on Regional Advisers once in a month.
- Manage College Prep Club with Regional Advisers and manage social media networks.
- Manage work of Assistant of American Corners.
- Organize and implement webinars and online advising calls with regional students.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy, the Regional EducationUSA Advising Coordinator, American Councils and other stakeholders.
- Manage the budget of EducationUSA programming.
- University graduate;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Azerbaijani and Turkish;
- Ability to travel and stay in regions in Azerbaijan;
- Good communication and management skills;
- Effective presentation skills;
- Experience of working with youth;
- Demonstrated effective financial, organizational, and planning skills;
- Good knowledge and experience of using Facebook and Instagram networks and
- Strong experience of Microsoft Office programs.
- Statement of Interest (in English)
- Submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EducationUSA Adviser”
Deadline for applications is November 4, 2018
In case of any questions please contact:
T: +994 12 436 75 29