Vacancy for HR Manager in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 12.10.2018
FINCA Azerbaijan, LLC, is a non-bank credit organization, operating under limited license from the Financial Markets Supervision Authority of the Republic of Azerbaijan, providing micro-credit to clients across Azerbaijan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Design and Implementation of Human Resource Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Develop local HR policies, systems, and procedures, including regular reviews and updates of the Personnel Manual.
- On ongoing basis, oversee all HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with local legislation, organizational objectives, and with other systems, policies, and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance by all staff members.
- Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff, and guide/facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interaction with line managers and other staff members.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, establish and oversee processes that prevent internal conflicts among staff members and departments, and that facilitate resolution of conflicts when they occur.
- Make ongoing recommendations to the senior management team for strengthening organizational learning, knowledge management, and change management in support of strategic objectives.
- Review and advise senior management on annual staffing plans as part of annual operating planning process to ensure alignment with outreach performance goals, branch expansion plans, institutional development/transformation requirements, and other needs.
- In collaboration with line managers, develop and update annual staffing/recruitment plans
- Design and implement recruiting, selection and orientation procedures.
- Manage the subsidiary recruitment and hiring processes, including both internal and external recruitment processes, in accordance with established policies, and ensure that recruitment processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Establish partnerships with local recruitment agencies, universities, and other institutions as applicable to source future employees.
- Participate on FINCA’s behalf at career fairs and other events, as applicable.
- Design and oversee the FINCA internship program to develop new talent.
- Implement and manage the performance evaluation system to ensure that all employees receive a timely evaluation according to FINCA Subsidiary General Policies Manual.
- Track when performance evaluations are due, notify managers and provide them with the necessary documents to complete the evaluation. Review completed evaluations to ensure that policy was followed and that all documentation is complete. Route all evaluations to the Country Director for review.
- Advise line managers on best practices in application of the Performance Management System, particularly the aspect of employee appraisal and performance feedback.
- In collaboration with senior management, introduce new tools, as applicable, to improve performance feedback for employees and managers.
- Using the performance appraisal outcomes, collaborate with Managers to identify employee training and career development opportunities and coaching / mentoring needs.
- Review the outputs of the employee appraisal process, identifying key issues and trends, and prepare consolidated reports for senior management.
Compensation Administration / Rewards Management
- Maintain and update on an ongoing basis the company salary matrix in consultation with company management team.
- Research and ensure that salaries are competitive for all positions.
- Oversee employee benefits administration, ensuring that providers deliver quality services to employees.
- Ensure that systems are in place to collect feedback on employee benefits and to answer questions from employees on the benefits program.
- Design benefit programs that comply with local labor law, are competitive and meet employee needs.
- Work with Senior Management in designing and implementing competitive incentive programs for key positions.
- Work with management in preparing salary increases in accordance to the Budget.
- Ensure proper maintenance and updating of all company personnel files at all offices.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of employee files.
- Manage and maintain the personnel database system (HRIS) including the input of changes in position or salary and training.
- Provide reports to management as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely institutional responses to all employment related enquiries, including employment applications, reference checks, and confirmations of employment, or others, in accordance with local legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Assist staff with personnel issues or problems as required.
- Provide support as needed to resolve issues related with employee disciplinary issues, employee termination, or other HR-related issues.
- Design and Implement appropriate employee recognition (E.g. tenure related) programs.
- Develop and communicate employee safety and security procedures
Training & Development
- Ensure proper training of Managers & Staff on all human resource policies and processes.
- Ensure proper orientation training is provided to all new staff members to maximize efficient integration.
- In collaboration with senior management, based on training needs assessments, create and execute annual training plans to support the needs of the institution.
- Identify training providers, including both internal and external sources.
- Ensure training plans and training delivery meet company standards.
- Assist in developing training content and materials.
- Assist management team in delivering training. Coordinate and work with any external company trainers, manage all logistics of training.
- Develop mechanisms within the Performance Management System for measuring effectiveness of the different training initiatives. Report results to senior management, making recommendations for continuous improvement of the training program.
Department Planning & Development
- Develop human resources strategic plan that matches the operational and financial projections and that anticipates staff qualifications and needs required for transformation to a regulated financial institution.
- Hire, train and manage all Human Resources Department staff.
- Develop the FINCA Subsidiary Human Resources Department as a service provider to other departments and units.
- Successfully meet staffing requirements to achieve overall business goals. Ensure succession planning and leadership development is implemented throughout the organization.
- Develop a corporate culture centered on the core values of FINCA International. Culture can be measured in turnover statistics, reduced employee fraud, and overall employee satisfaction.
- Ensure training needs are met to achieve overall business goals.
- Develop a company HR strategy that helps achieve overall 5-year business goals and improves profitability, as well as helps achieves excellence in both external and internal customer experience throughout the organization.
- Align company compensation and incentive systems with business strategy to better meet business goals.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in human resources management roles, preferably with a large interternational company or organization in the financial sector
- Strong knowledge and experience of local labor law and employment practices
- Experience in coordinating training, delivery of training a plus.
- Experience in administering compensation and benefits
- Competency to develop systems and policies.
Fluency in Azerbaijani and English is required.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
Availability to travel 10% of the time within coutry and international
Learn more: https://www.finca.org/