Vacancy for Biodiversity Policy Officer in Budapest, HungaryJobs 18.10.2018
CEEweb for Biodiversity is looking for a full-time ‘Biodiversity Policy Officer’
CEEweb for Biodiversity is a network of non-governmental organizations in the Central and Eastern European region. Our mission is the conservation of biodiversity through the promotion of sustainable development. CEEweb is a registered public benefit organisation in Hungary.
We are looking for a candidate who is/has:
- Committed to nature protection;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proactive and with initiating personality;
- A team-player, while also able to carry out tasks on his/her own;
- Hard-working; and
- Ready to travel to other countries in Europe if required
- Coordinating CEEweb’s policy work related to Natura 2000, green infrastructure and the Water Framework Directive, which includes:
- Tracking and monitoring the related policy processes in the EU;
- Preparing and contributing to professional materials, such as policy recommendations, reports and position papers;
- Representing CEEweb’s views at national and international events, conferences and workshops, and lobby meetings with EU member states; and
- Organising and facilitating workshops and working group meetings.
- Preparing and writing applications (project proposals).
- Projects’ implementation.
- Communicating with CEEweb’s member and partner organisations on institutional related topics.
Requirements of the position:
- Proficient English user.
- Higher degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- User-level computer skills (Windows, Office).
What CEEweb offers:
- Experience in the field of national and international nature protection; relevant scientific experiences;
- Good working environment;
- Active participation in exploring the drivers behind biodiversity loss and in developing solutions to eliminate them; and
- A competitive salary within the Hungarian non-profit sector.
- Detailed CV in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Contacts of at least two reference persons who can prove the required work expertise and background
- Salary expectations
How to apply
Applications should be sent via e-mail to:
Ms Viktória Selmeczy, e-mail: email@example.com
More information: Telephone: (+36): 1-398-0135
The applicants will be evaluated based on their CVs and on virtual and personal meetings.
Deadline: 9th November 2018.
Provisioned date of personal interviews: First round: mid-November. Second round: end of November.
Expected date of employment: at the earliest convenience.
Please note that only the persons selected for an interview will receive a written notification!