International Expert for Consultancy and Guidance on Youth Participation and Empowerment MeasuresJobs 10.09.2018
for Consultancy and Guidance on
Youth Participation and Empowerment Measures
Programme: Economic and social participation of vulnerable displaced persons (DP) and local population in the South Caucasus
Programme duration: December 2017 –October 2021
Assignment duration: October 2018 – March 2019
Place: Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia
1. Project background
The “Economic and social participation of vulnerable displaced and local population in the South Caucasus - EPIC” is a regional South Caucasus project commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation was launched in 2017. It aims at economic and social empowerment of vulnerable internally displaced persons, refugees and local community members by enhancing their employability, facilitating business start-ups, supporting existing businesses and empowering communities. The newly added social component will start in October, 2018 with a focus on the improvement of social participation of displaced in selected host communities, with focus on Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Throughout all project activities, participation and empowerment of young women and men is a priority which is also reflected in the project’s indicators. This is both applicable to the economic and social empowerment, therefore, a cross-cutting issue across all projects components.
2. Projects activities will be implemented within three following intervention fields
- Improve the capacities of the public sector in order to promote the economic and social participation of vulnerable IDP’s, refugees and members of local population;
- Increase the employability of vulnerable IDP’s, refugees and members of local population, especially young people;
- Improve business development opportunities for vulnerable IDP’s, refugees and members of local population;
- Capacitate vulnerable IDP’s and members of local population, especially young men and women and their organizations in Georgia and Azerbaijan to promote positive change in the context they live in
- Desk review report, including findings, recommendations and action plan
- Recommendations to the GIZ staff and the implementing partners to ensure more youth inclusive activities and approaches.
- Material and recommendations on inclusive approaches to improve engagement of vulnerable youth.
- Training report for GIZ staff, implementing partners and public actors on youth participation;
- Literature and toolbox of approaches on the inclusion of vulnerable youth promoting an active social and economic life
4. Assignment duration
6 months, starting from October 2018
5.Qualification and competence requirements
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, specifically in social work, youth work, sociology, anthropology, psychology, pedagogy/educational sciences, youth studies and similar fields related to the scope of work
- At least 7 years of experience in development and implementation of youth empowerment and participation programs
- Experience in working with public actors
- Experience in the Eastern Europe/ Caucasus and Middle East regions are preferred
- Experience with displaced/ vulnerable youth is essential
- Fluency in English
- Effective training skills and ability to work with and attract the audience.
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
6.Required application documents
- Proposal, including:
- Concept idea for empowerment of vulnerable displaced and local youth (1-2 pages)
- Scope of work
- Sample of previous work/ reports on results, strategy documents, etc.
- CV, including the portfolio of experiences
a. One international short-term expert for up to:
- 25 days of field assignment, including travel days, in the respective countries;
- 25 days of distant work;
- 3 international flight and 6 regional flights for travelling in the target countries
To get more information about tender
- You need to go to
- After cklick to
Current public tenders for services below the EU threshold
- And look for
Tender № 81230651, Location Georgia