Call for Applications: EU External Policy – Project AssistantJobs 24.09.2018
IFAIR is looking for a motivated student with a passion for EU/international relations to take on the role of project assistant for the 4th edition of the EU-ASEAN Perspectives Dialogue (EUAP). The EUAP project will be conducted for the second time in cooperation with the German Foreign Office. The position is a chance to gain substantial hands-on experience in planning and implementing an international project with major institutional and civil society partners in Europe and Southeast Asia.
This is a home-based volunteer position which will last for the duration of the project (Aug 2018-Apr 2019). Candidates based in Berlin or London are particularly encouraged to apply. As a volunteer position, it is best suitable for students who aspire to gain professional experience in parallel of their studies.
The Young Initiative on Foreign Affairs and International Relations (IFAIR) is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation dedicated to promoting greater involvement of young people in international affairs. Founded in 2010 in Germany, it has grown to become a global network of students and young professionals to make young voices heard in international relations through publications and transnational projects.
About the Project
IFAIR’s Impact Group EU-ASEAN Perspectives brings together young experts from the EU and ASEAN to discuss current issues of EU-ASEAN relations. We offer a platform for young scholars and practitioners from both regions to engage in a constructive dialogue about mutual perspectives and develop proposals for the future of interregional cooperation. The EU-ASEAN Perspectives Dialogue (EUAP) is the flagship project of the Impact Group. It is organised biannually with the support of external partners and focuses on different hot topics of interest to both the EU and ASEAN. For the upcoming 4th edition of EUAP, IFAIR is partnering up again with the German Foreign Office.
What we look for in the candidate
– Academic background and interest in one or more of the following fields is preferable, although driven candidates from other backgrounds are welcome to apply: EU external relations, International relations, EU studies, Asia studies, project management, political science, economics, law, communications, or related disciplines;
– Bachelor or Master’s student, gap year candidates are also welcomed;
– Able to commit to about 5 hrs per week for the duration of the project;
– Has a dedication to delivering high-standard work within the set deadlines;
– Is interested in carrying out a variety of tasks related to the planning and implementation of the project, e.g. stakeholder communication, outreach, programme conceptualisation, event planning, logistics.
What we offer
– Gain first-hand experience in coordinating an international project;
– Do work with an impact – on EU-ASEAN relations and on the lives of talented young researchers/practitioners from the two regions;
– Expand your network with contacts in EU and ASEAN institutions (e.g. EU External Action Service, ASEAN Secretariat), public authorities in the Member States of the two regional organisations, international organisations (e.g. UN, World Bank), academia, think tanks, civil society organisations, and young researchers;
– Enhance your substantial knowledge on hot topics in EU-ASEAN relations;
– Work in an international team of young people across Europe and Southeast Asia;
– Have the flexibility to work from home;
– Depending on the availability of funding, the candidate might be invited to take part in the organisation of the live stage of the project, taking place in an ASEAN country in 2019 (travel, accommodation and daily allowance covered by the project budget);
– Have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and shape the project format and outcomes
Please send your application (complete with a brief CV and motivation letter) to Ms Olivia Geymond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled. You can download the full job description here.