Vacancy for Student Affairs Specialist in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 16.04.2019
UFAZ was initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan. Since September 2016, directed by the University of Strasbourg and by the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, in close partnership with the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, UFAZ undertakes the delocalization of 4 specialties at bachelor level in the fields of science and engineering. Students are delivered a French and an Azerbaijani diploma.
Student Affairs Specialist
Applicants must submit via e-mail a pdf file written in English to the selection committee (deadline: as soon as possible). Applications and information request are to be sent to: email@example.com
The application file shall include:
- A complete CV meeting at best the selection criteria detailed as follows:
- Master Degree in education administration or similar field.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is a must and French language preferable.
- The ability to project a strong positive image of the University through personal interaction with parents, staff, students, and others is required.
- The ability to solve problems commonly found within the higher education environment
- The ability to develop and present educational programs or workshops.
- The ability to assess and interpret individual student needs and to make appropriate referrals.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as needed
- The ability to make competent, informed determinations and judgments on a range of confidential and/or sensitive issues in area of expertise.
- Proficiency with computing software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and with tough deadlines.
Student Affairs Specialist Responsibilities:
- Duration: Full-time (Maternity leave replacement job)
- Registering students to ASOIU, UNISTRA
- Coordination between students, parents, teachers and administrative staff.
- Informing students about university rules (including examination rules)
- Preparing internal documentation related to student affairs.
- Providing teachers with student lists
- Informing teachers about student’s problems related to study programs.
- Informing students about changes in timetable.
- Informing students about examination, behavior rules
- Implementation of rules and policies according class absences, ensuring compatibility with operating ASOIU and UNISTRA rules.
- Coordinating and preparing meetings for students and parents.
- Coordinates, and presents a wide range of workshops, conferences, training sessions for students, manages, coordinates, and facilitates all facets of student orientation activities.
- Manage student information/applications for study abroad.
- Advising students on policy issues and resolving problems as necessary.
*A motivation letter written in English language describing the professional project and specifying the interest of the candidate for the position at UFAZ.