Vacancy for Junior EU Policy Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 18.04.2019
The European Society of Radiology (ESR), located in Vienna, is a non-political and non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening and uniting European Radiology. With more than 100,000 members worldwide, it has become the largest radiological society which organizes one of the most innovative scientific congresses in this field, the European Congress of Radiology (ECR).
EU politics and international guidelines have a growing impact on healthcare in Europe and in particular the field of medical imaging. The ESR closely monitors EU legislation and initiatives and has over the last years successfully built relations with relevant EU institutions, international organisations and other stakeholders. The main aim of the ESR is to be acknowledged as a major stakeholder in EU health policies and involved in consultation processes for new legislative initiatives in this field.
Junior EU Policy Officer
- Work as a member of the ESR Department of European and International Affairs
- Monitor, analyse and comment on the development of EU policy initiatives and projects relevant to the radiology profession
- Develop position papers and presentations for the ESR on key topics and issues together with the ESR’s experts
- Network with European institutions and relevant stakeholders
- Collect, analyse and summarise reports, surveys
- Participate in various events, working meetings, etc.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. health economics, politics, law, medicine)
- Excellent command of English language
- Familiar with the European institutions and related decision-making processes and ideally with the European health sector
- Highly motivated and strong analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Experience in public affairs, producing position papers, briefings and press releases
- An interesting job in a stimulating and dynamic international organisation
- The place of work will be our liaison office in Brussels
- Opportunities to develop skills and understanding of the health policy sector
Remuneration: EUR 2,500 gross
Please send your complete application (CV with photo, cover letter, relevant certificates and salary requirements) to job@myESR.org
European Society of Radiology
Rue de l’industrie, 24