Vacancy for Data Scientist, Machine Learning in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 05.02.2019
About the role
IBA is seeking a Data Scientist/Machine Learning who will work on IBA's new Digital Innovation Lab projects. You will draw upon your statistics, machine learning and data mining skills and contribute to key projects such as customer loyalty campaign analysis and modeling.
What You'll Do
- Directly participate in: recommender system, personalization, natural language processing, econometrics, to name a few.
- Gather data and transform them into key data systems.
- Implementing analytical models that will run in customer products and solutions.
- Enjoy getting accelerated industrial experience while working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Need
- Working towards a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics
- Strong programming ability in both scripting and object oriented programming languages is required (C/C++, python)
- A solid understanding of statistical modeling/machine learning/data mining
- Experience programming in a software project at school, professionally or in an open source context
- Previous hands-on experience in Data Science, Machine Learning or Statistics projects with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated rigor in analyzing data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a complex concept with thoughtful, actionable recommendations
- Motivated, self-driven and with a strong ability to learn independently
- Exhibits strong problem solving skills
Bonus Points if You
- Familiar with distributed computing like Spark, GPU.
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Python and R.
- Familiarity with big data technologies, e.g., SQL (postgres), NoSQL (mongodb, hbase), Hadoop (Hive).
- Familiarity with recommender system, bandit recommender or reinforcement learning.