Vacancy for Researchers (Public Affairs) in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 14.02.2019
Ipsos is looking for Public Affairs Researchers in Belgium
THE HOME OF RESEARCHERS
At Ipsos, we are proud to call ourselves the home of researchers! Because we are one of the world’s largest market research companies with more than 17,000 employees and can be found in not less than 89 countries. What are our favorite hashtags? #innovation, #entrepreneur and #client-centricity. Our success is the combination of the unlimited worldwide expertise, knowledge and process efficiency in a company that supports people with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The European Public Affairs Unit is an independent unit in Ipsos with our core team located in Leuven and Anderlecht (but we also have offices in Gent and Berchem). Our unit is part of a larger Public Affairs network within the Ipsos group that connects researchers from around the globe who are expert in designing and managing social research studies using the full range of quantitative and qualitative approaches. Leveraging on this network, the European Public Affairs hub in Belgium is dedicated to further growing the business of Ipsos in International, European, and Belgian Public Affairs.
IPSOS IS LOOKING FOR 3 NEW COLLEAGUES FOR THE PUBLIC AFFAIRS TEAM:
For our international and local clients - government, academic, non-profit and NGOs - we are looking to expand our team, so we can deliver on our promise to be their essential research partner for high caliber solutions that withstand scrutiny.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU (and you and you):
Are you excited by the idea of helping to improve the life of European citizens and citizens around the globe?
Then you might be the researcher we are looking for! You have a passion for Public Affairs and would like to work on multi-country research projects and proposals to expand our business in Europe and internationally? We welcome applications from quantitative specialists! You must enjoy working in fast paced environment and need to be self-motivated with excellent project and client management skills.
You know people who share the same passion? Bring them on, we are looking for two of you: one person with a passion for Research and Clients and one person with a focus on Delivery of projects.
Or are you more excited by the idea of helping to improve the life of our Belgian citizens?
Then you might be the manager we are looking for! You are interested in local policy and politics and gets thrilled when working for Belgian and local public bodies and authorities? Are you ready to take a strong lead in further growing and steering the local Public Affairs business in Belgium? Are you a leader that knows how to get the best out of people? We welcome applications from senior profiles with proven knowledge and research experience in the Public Affairs sector in Belgium. You should have the ability to take up a leading role in business management and development and have good client management skills. This role is situated within the Research and Client team.
Depending on your role in the team you will focus more on Research and Clients or you would become an expert in Delivering projects.
Key Responsibilities in Research and Clients:
- Building strong client relationships across government and academia
- Helping to grow specific areas of the business with senior support
- Designing and successfully delivering projects involving different research methods (and covering multiple countries)
- Preparing research proposals in response to RfPs/ITTs involving different research methods
- Taking up an advisory role towards clients
- Developing junior team members
- Working effectively with senior colleagues to shape the future direction of the team
Key Responsibilities in Delivery:
- Building strong internal relationships, making the bridge between the Research and Client team and operations and supplier side
- Helping to grow the business by improving and supporting efficient processes and being faultless in execution
- Successfully delivering projects with high quality standards and in a timely manner whilst keep an eye on the project schedule, costs and compliance of project deliverables
- Taking up an advisory role towards Research and Clients team by increasing the quality of our research
DO YOU RECOGNIZE YOURSELF?
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative research; accuracy is key
- Being a problem solver, weighting benefits and risks of creative ideas and alternative solutions to tackle unforeseen problems
- Excellent project direction and budgeting skills, working to tight and demanding deadlines to deliver profitable work and assure quality of all outputs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- For our international team we expect you to be highly proficient in English, French is a plus. For our local team you need to be fluent in Dutch and French
And for our Research and Client team we also like to see:
- A passion for business development, including an ability to lead responses to RfPs/ITTs, as well as identifying new market opportunities and building strong relationships with existing clients
- Proven ability to work well in teams with input from specialists (e.g. statisticians, evaluation practitioners, and economists)
- You take an interest in various policy areas and how research can feed into policy making and policy evaluation
- You write insightful and detailed presentations and reports and love to present them
WHAT DRIVES THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT IPSOS?
We are intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients.
- A competitive package with fringe benefits and a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognized and rewarded
- A creative, busy, open and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to get involved with innovative techniques in addition to more traditional research methods
- A real team-being spirit: Social, Human and Business related activities with a strong focus on well-being!
- Water, coffee and Royco soups for free ;-)
Send your cv and motivation letter with reference ‘RE PUBLIC AFFAIRS’ (please mention the position(s) you are interested in) to Stephanie Duchene - email@example.com. For more information about our company, visit https://www.ipsos.com/en-be/opportunities-ipsos