Vacancy for Economist in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 10.01.2019
ECONOMIST's RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES:
• Tracks global, regional and national (Azerbaijan) macro/microeconomic indicators and forecasts, preparing periodic analyses for the Bank’s Management Board (“BMB”);
• In cooperation with the Marketing and Legal departments, reports to the BMB on Azerbaijan financial sector trends: new regulation, supply and demand for banking products, market pricing, new products introduced, financial/operational performance of competition, etc. Proactively suggests to the BMB possible changes to the Company’s products, based on this analysis;
• Updates and innovates the ALCO model (Asset-Liability Committee) every month, in collaboration with the CRO;
• Actively supports CRO in the Bank’s annual planning / budgeting, in particular coordinating the detailed budgeting for branches and head office;
• Prepares monthly reports on branch financial performance (actual v/s budget) and provides to BMB, Regional Operation Managers and Branch Managers. Obtains their feedback and makes recommendation to Accounting Manager for adjustment(s) if any;
• Conducts rigorous cost/price analysis (including any related projects) on the Bank’s products and branches, as required by the BMB;
• Develops and maintains a detailed cash-flow planning model, in cooperation with the CRO, and frequently liaises with Operation Managers on cash-flow planning.
• Perform economic analysis for the identification and assessment of macroeconomic and financial risks in collaboration with CRO
• Design macroeconomic scenarios for business planning and stress testing purposes
• Expand of macroeconomic scenarios provided by regulatory authorities by using macroeconomic models
The Economist is responsible for:
• To fulfill these labor functions and internal regulations of Bank timely and in a high quality in accordance with the 10th Article of Labor Code;
• Additionally, the Employee has to comply with all policy manuals, regulations, procedures, orders and memos of the Employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• University degree, ideally in Economics;
• Minimum 1 year of work experience, preferably in government / Public sector
• Good knowledge of macro and microeconomics;
• Skills in preparing management reports;
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office;
• Fluent in Azeri, English and/or Russian language preferred.
Bank offers a creative work environment, career opportunities and competitive compensation package with the financial services industry.
If you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualifies you for this position, please e-mail your detailed CV to email@example.com address indicating ‘Economist’ the subject line of your email. Otherwise applications may be overlooked.