Vacancy for Country Manager in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 18.01.2019
Wolt is an Apple-awarded technology company building the one app for discovering and getting great food in your city. Choose a restaurant, build your order and hit send. Follow your order’s progress by the minute and have your meal delivered to your home or your office, or pick it up yourself.
Since launching in Finland in 2015, we have expanded to +13 countries across Europe, grown to more than 1.5M registered users, and partnered with more than 2500 restaurants.
We’ve raised €15M in funding from some of the biggest names in European tech, including EQT Ventures, Kees Koolen (partner at EQT Ventures and the former CEO of Booking.com), Ilkka Paananen (CEO of Supercell), Niklas Zennström (founder and ex-CEO of Skype), and Risto Siilasmaa (Chairman at Nokia).
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way. Apple selected us as their Editors' Choice, Wired named us one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named us Company of the Year.
We are now expanding further – and need your help. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
About Wolt’s Operations
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt’s operations team.
The ops team in each country is the heart and soul of Wolt. Every country team is a startup within the company. As a member of our ops, you must have a passion for getting things done and solving problems daily together with your team. There will be no two days alike as you set out to build a new business in your market.
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do rather than wait to be told – then apply today.
About the Country Manager role
As a Wolt Country Manager you have full ownership of your market, which essentially means you are the CEO of a startup within a startup. Your mission is to build a great team and, together with them, make your cities better places for hungry people, for restaurants wanting to get more sales, and for courier partners wanting to earn flexibly.
You’ll own your market’s P&L and need to be both building the operation and growing the market while maintaining a healthy level of efficiency, steadily moving towards profitability. Your job will consist of analytical thinking, data-driven decisions, mastering marketing and restaurant partnerships, and building a world-class delivery operation with the support of an Apple-awarded technology company. It’s all there.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent manager with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you will do:
- Become the CEO of your market, which will be a startup business within a startup
- Build an amazing country team, together with our recruiting function
- Lead the team towards your vision of what Wolt should be in your country
- Establish and execute on your growth strategy
- Managing P&L and taking care of efficiency, profitability, sustainability, and scalability
- Refine your processes and get better and better while sharing your learnings with our HQ and other markets
- Lead and guide your team to ensure a seamless experience for our customers as well as our restaurant and courier partners
- Build and maintain a scalable and healthy delivery operation with your Courier Operations Manager
- Find, establish, and develop new restaurant partnerships with your Restaurant Operations team
- Create and execute innovative and viral user growth campaigns for consumers with your Marketing Manager
- Build a robust support framework for customers, restaurants, and courier partners together with your Support Team
- Work with our communications & PR to make sure the Wolt does not go unnoticed in the local press
Since we don't want to give an exact experience scope -- as we don't have one -- we'll let you know what kind of people currently do launch and Country Manager roles at Wolt:
- University dropout that used to run a 20 MEUR business as CEO
- Ex-investment banker and consultant of 8 years
- Business development veteran of 6 years from transport & logistics industry
- BCG's Regional Head of Operations for 4 years
- Decade of marketing and leadership experience from online & offline SMEs
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus, and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
So if you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely high-performing team – we’d love to hear from you!