Vacancy for Office Assistant in Belgrade, SerbiaJobs 20.01.2019
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (CDN) is opening a position of Office Assistant. This is a paid part-time position starting from 18th of February, or earlier, in our office in Belgrade.
Working time: 20 hours / week, flexible working hours (some activities will take place during weekends which can be compensated within weekdays).
Remuneration: 300 Euro – Net
Contract type: 1 year
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
What is CDN?
CDN is a network of Green youth organisations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and the South Caucasus. Currently CDN consists of 16 Member and 6 Partner Organisations as well as 5 working groups. The Network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills between young people and their organisations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe. CDN organises educational and capacity-building activities such as seminars, conferences and regional meetings and uses non-formal education to advance youth participation.
CDN stands for gender equality, equal participation, diversity, inclusion, respect for minorities, environmental and climate justice, direct democracy and non-violence. Our Political Platform lays out the values which the Network bases its actions on.
The OFFICE ASSISTANT will be responsible for assisting in the financial management of CDN’s projects and daily administration. The office assistant will be working closely with Network coordinator and Office coordinator and will be reporting directly to them.
The job will involve working with invoices, numbers, spreadsheets, reimbursement forms.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Basic experience in administrative or financial work;
- Ability to work independently and good organization of one’s work,
- Attention to details, good ability to work on numbers and performing administrative tasks,
- Strong spreadsheet skills,
- Good computer skills and ability to use various software,
- Fluency in English language,
Skills that would be additional asset:
- Curiosity in Eastern European civil society;
- Knowledge of Green movement and Green politics;
- Experience in managing finances of a non-governmental organization;
- Knowledge of Serbo-Croatian language.
- Use of open-source software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice, Moodle etc.).
- Assisting CDN Secretariat in its daily management and implementation of CDN activity plan
- Preparing project financial documentation in cooperation with the project responsible person from the Secretariat;
- Collecting and archiving financial documents (bills, invoices, receipts);
- Preparing invoices for third parties;
- Preparing bank transfers;
- Tracking all project expenses in financial spreadsheets;
- Working on CDN’s bookkeeping together with CDN Secretariat;
- Assisting the CDN Secretariat with various financial and administrative tasks (reimbursements, reporting, etc).
Please note that as a small non-profit organisation with unstable funding there is unfortunately no possibility for us to cover costs related to relocation to Serbia and work permit at this stage. The recruitment procedure is open to applicants not requiring the residence permit in Serbia.
Please apply by sending your CV and short cover letter (explaining your experience and interest in this position) in one PDF document to email@example.com by 3rd of February 2019 (midnight CET) with the subject “CDN Office Assistant application”. Selected candidates will be notified by the second half of February.