Vacancy for Communication Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 29.01.2019
About us: The Good Lobby is a not for profit civic start up committed to foster new forms of citizen engagement and unconventional collaborations across Europe and beyond. TGL promotes skill-sharing and cooperation among citizens with different backgrounds, professions and attitudes to foster assertive citizenship. TGL’s idea is that citizens, regardless of their social status or geographical location, can and should lobby for the public good.
The Good Lobby is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, compensation, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, nationality, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
We offer a Communication Officer position for a professional to work closely with the Director in order to implement the strategy of all external communications programs. The Communication Office will work from our Brussels office (Residence Palace).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting, and implementation of the communication strategy for the whole external communication of The Good Lobby.
- Overseeing online and offline communication, such as: social media, newsletter, website, blog, videos, final reports, white papers.
- Supervision of design & printing, merchandises, live coverage during events.
- Monitoring of media and current affairs developments.
- Developing new relationships with media and maintain the existing ones.
- Community Management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin).
- Measuring analytics and impact.
Required skills and experience:
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills. Other languages are an asset;
- Experience in communications and/or PR;
- Creativity, capacity to convey complex concepts through simple words
- Flexibility, out-of-the-box thinking, resilience.
- Capacity to effectively, consistently and professionally manage the communication of an organisation that is fresh, very busy, growing fast;
- Basic familiarity, or at a minimum, interest in Europe, policy and law and social justice.
- Experience in video editing and graphic design (and related apps)
- Experience in website management (content and layout)
- Knowledge about social networks such as NGOs, students unions, political movements etc.
- Storytelling skills. Capacity to develop a catchy narrative.
To apply, please fill in this form
Should you have any questions or troubles accessing the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org