Vacancy for Head of Product Development in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 29.01.2019
Inspire with us for holidays in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
Currently we are looking for experienced Head of Product Development (Turizm Məhsulun Hazırlanması üzrə şöbənin müdiri) to lead our Product Development team. The successful candidate will work on creating successful tourism products by identifying product needs and opportunities in line with product development strategy. We value creativity, initiative and a work environment that promotes cooperative effort.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provides expertise and knowledge of the destination (geography, history, culture and tourism potential);
• Provides leadership, direction and motivation to the team to work towards defined targets and objectives;
• Works closely with internal and external partners, ensures that tourism products are developed;
• Prepares products development strategy, identifies strategic goals of the department;
• Facilitates and supports assessment of tourism product/experience satisfaction;
• Supervises product development processes and assesses their feasibility;
• Stays up-to-date with international market trends in product development;
• Delivers on the back of the product development strategy a range of internationally competitive tourism goods and services for customers to buy & experience. Achieving this through partnering with key private suppliers, DMO’s and public entities;
• Prepares and manages Product Development budget;
• Works closely with senior management contributing to the common objectives.
• 5+ years of experience in Travel industry (preferably Inbound division);
• Experience and track record in product development;
• Strong knowledge of the destination (geography, history, culture and tourism potential);
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Tourism is preferred;
• Ability to build new teams and develop new business processes;
• Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive projects;
• Ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously and make productive relationships inside the team;
• Ability to travel across the destination and internationally;
• Capacity to deliver outcomes in time and on budget;
• Excellent project management skills;
• Ability to build highly productive relationships across internal departments and with a range of external stakeholders, ensuring common goals are achieved;
• Creative, innovative, future focused, entrepreneurial, high energy individual focused on delivery;
• Excellent Azerbaijani and English verbal communication and written skills.
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 28.02.2019.
Please indicate the name of the position Head of Product Development (Turizm Məhsulun Hazırlanması üzrə şöbənin müdiri) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.