Vacancy for Junior Consultant in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 29.01.2019
Acuitas Communications is a public affairs and corporate comms agency that specialises in EU affairs. Acuitas is going through an exciting period of growth and currently has an opening for a new joiner with exceptional skills to join our multi-lingual Brussels-based team in an exciting, fast-paced environment, as part of Acuitas’s global network of offices.
- Support key clients in the construction and energy sectors, as well as others in financial services, biopharmaceuticals and international relations, among others
- Proactive intelligence gathering and monitoring on key EU developments
- Policy building and advocacy
- Media engagement
- Representing clients in external fora, including EU institutional and stakeholder events
- Preparing presentations for clients and new business prospects.
- Would suit someone who is proactive, ambitious, commercially-minded and driven
- Excellent analytical, political and social skills, and strong understanding of EU institutional processes
- Strong policy and/or media handling interests
- Keen to build a career in public affairs and corporate communications
- A great opportunity to grow with the business for the right candidate
- Experience in sectors including construction, infrastructure and energy would be particularly valuable
- Fluent English and French speaker desired, ideally able to speak one or more other major EU languages
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to manage a variety of stakeholders and work in a multicultural environment
- Able to synthesise EU proposals and to assess their potential business impact
- Understands the professional dynamics of the client-consultant relationship
- Education: university graduate level or higher
- Experience: political or media experience and work in one of the principal EU institutions. Ideally with a minimum of one year in consultancy or in-house
- Strong familiarity with social media channels, online publishing tools and Microsoft Office.
- A fast-paced and exciting environment
- Working as part of a team, in Brussels, and across Acuitas’s network of wholly-owned offices and affiliates
- The opportunity to be involved in many different areas of policy
- Intellectually challenging and rewarding work and problem solving
- Media relations advice and engagement
- A collegiate and multicultural workplace environment
Interviews likely to start soon, and it is possible that an appointment could be made before the closing date.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job title stated clearly in the subject of the email.