Vacancy for Thematic Product Specialist in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 29.01.2019
Inspire with us for holidays in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
Currently we are looking for experienced Thematic Product Specialist (Turizm Məhsulu üzrə Mütəxəssis) to manage all aspects of thematic tourism products and experiences within Product Development team. The successful candidate will work on both research/analytical initiatives as well as on the product design to create a cohesive and be spoke tourism product. We value creativity, initiative and a work environment that promotes cooperative effort.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provides expertise and knowledge of the destination (geography, history, culture and tourism potential);
• Designs new routes, itineraries, tours and experiences (further called product);
• Prepares products based on specific travelers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain different markets/destinations information;
• Recommends the nature and scope of present existing and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements;
• Provides raw content (textual description and visual content) for new products defining product marketing communication objectives;
• Assesses product/experience satisfaction by contacting and collecting feedback from the distribution channels (DMCs, Travel Offices, Information Points, feedback from the internet platforms);
• Brings new products to local and international markets by analyzing proposed product requirements (by DMCs) and state product development programs;
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• 3+ years of experience in Culture & Heritage sector;
• Strong knowledge of the destination (geography, history, culture and tourism potential);
• University degree;
• Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive projects;
• Ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously;
• Ability to travel across the destination;
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent Azerbaijani and English verbal communication and written skills.
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 28.02.2019.
Please indicate the name of the position Thematic Product Specialist (Turizm Məhsulu üzrə Mütəxəssis) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.