Vacancy for Communication Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 31.01.2019
About the employer
CICOPA is the International Organisation of Industrial and Service Cooperatives. CICOPA gathers member organisations from 32 countries, who affiliate 65,000 cooperative enterprises employing 4 million persons across the world. CICOPA is a sectoral organisation of the International Cooperative Alliance.
CICOPA represents democratically owned and managed enterprises, contributing to sustainable and inclusive growth while combining economic performance and social progress. CICOPA main policy priority is the promotion of industrial and service cooperatives and the promotion of worker ownership as a specific type of enterprise and labour organization.
On this basis, CICOPA main activities focus on:
- promoting the development of workers’, producers’ and social cooperatives and their representative / support organisations
- ensuring the representation of its members vis-à-vis international organisations
- advocating, especially in the field of specific workers’, producers’ and social cooperative legislation and policies
- producing knowledge on industrial and service cooperatives
CICOPA’s secretariat is based in Brussels (Belgium) and is shared with its regional organisation CECOP, the European Confederation of cooperatives active in industry and services. All members of the CICOPA secretariat are involved in the activities of both CICOPA and CECOP.
CECOP represents the interests of industrial and service cooperatives vis-à-vis European institutions, as well as other European-level organisations.
About the function
The Communications Officer will be in charge of the design and implementation of the overall communications strategy of both CICOPA and CECOP. The position covers internal and external communications throughout the use of different platforms. The person will work in an international environment and might be required to travel occasionally.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall communications strategy for CICOPA (world level) and CECOP (Europe)
- Ensure the visibility of the two organizations and image positioning
- Promote CICOPA and CECOP members by shedding light on their activities
- Draft press releases, articles and other media materials and ensure their targeted distribution
- Manage CICOPA and CECOP websites and social networks accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Manage the e-magazine “Work Together” edited in English, Spanish and French
- Edit the internal newsletters to members
- Coordinate and produce communications tools and materials (reports, publications, leaflets, videos, etc)
- Manage the relationships with journalists and media inquiries
- Provide communication support for events (conferences, statutory meetings, fairs, etc)
- Coordinate and animate the communications working group among the communications officers of member organisations
- Liaise with communication officers from other cooperative organisations
- University degree in communications, journalism or related field
- A previous experience of minimum 3 years as a communications officer
- Previous experience in an international or European organisation is an asset
- Proficiency in English, Spanish and French
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, online meeting softwares etc.)
- Familiarity with content management system (CMS) like Wordpress or Drupal and proficient with Mailchimp
- Management of design and edition programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, etc.) and video-editing softwares are an asset
- Capacity to organise one’s work agenda autonomously and proactively, managing multiple deadlines with consistency and accuracy
- Adaptability to different environments with an international and multicultural mindset, and availability to travel
- Interest and/or experience in the cooperative movement is an added value
What we offer
We offer a full-time, open-ended contract, with the gross monthly salary of 2,740 EUR. Public transport within the Brussels region, meal vouchers and hospitalisation insurance are covered and additional benefits are provided.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team on 1 April 2019. Applicants should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 February 2019 (midnight). In the subject line of your email please indicate your name and “Communication Officer Application.” Selection interviews, including a written exercise, are expected to be held in Brussels in March.
The candidate must have a valid work permit for Belgium or be an EU national.
More info on the website: http://www.cicopa.coop/news/job-vacancy-communication-officer/