Vacancy for Project Officer (Social Economy Europe) in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 01.07.2019
Social Economy Europe is looking for a new Project Officer!
About SEE and the social economy:
Social Economy Europe (SEE) is the voice of the 2.8 million social economy enterprises and organisations in the European Union.
SEE members include the European organisations of: mutual and cooperative insurers (AMICE); non-profit healthcare players, health mutuals and health insurance funds (AIM); industrial and service cooperatives (CECOP); foundations (EFC); associations of general interest (CEDAG); work integration social enterprises (ENSIE); paritarian institutions of social protection (AEIP); ethical banks and financiers (FEBEA); and the European Cities and Regions for the social economy (REVES). SEE also represents the national social economy organisations of France (ESS-France), Italy (National Third Sector Forum), Portugal (CASES), Spain (CEPES) and Belgium (ConcertES).
Discover here our Annual Report 2018.
Discover here our Memorandum for the European elections 2019.
The social economy is an essential part of the European economic and social landscape and a sustainable enterprise model for the future of Europe. In the European Union, there are 2.8 million social economy enterprises and organisations in the European Union that employ 13.6 millionpeople and account for 8% of the EU’s GDP. Enterprises and organisations of all sizes, ranging from SMEs to large companies and corporations that operate in all the economic sectors and are united around shared principles and characteristics such as the primacy of people and the social objective over capital, democratic governance, responsibility and solidarity or the reinvestment of most profits/surpluses to carry out sustainable development objectives.
SEE is looking for a project officer to assist the Director in strengthening SEE’s role as the representative organisation for the European social economy.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
Reporting to SEE’s director, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Identify new funding opportunities for SEE (EU tenders and projects and other sources).
- Coordinate ongoing and future EU projects and tenders, in fields relating, among others, to social economy enterprises’ development, responsible public procurement etc.
- Support the Director in increasing SEE’s membership.
- Identify new services of interest to SEE members.
- Support the Director in the organisation and reporting of internal meetings/governance bodies (General Assembly, Board of Directors, Bureau, working groups etc.).
- Support SEE communication activities:
- Monthly newsletter
- Coordination and update of the website
- Organisation of events.
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of and interest in the European and global social economy
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU Institutions and understanding of the EU’s funding opportunities.
- University degree (preferably master’s degree) in a relevant subject such as EU studies, social sciences, EU or international law, business, etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in replying to tenders/writing project proposals is considered an asset.
- Excellent command of English. Good knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Italian will be considered an asset.
- You are a motivated person, able to work in a small team, in a multicultural and international environment.
- Drive and determination to initiate action and achieve results quickly
- Self-motivated and able to perform tasks autonomously
- European outlook, intercultural skills and international experience
Pay and conditions:
Permanent full-time contract, gross monthly salary of 2000€. The successful candidate would be expected to start in early September, timings can be discussed.
Workplace: Brussels (Belgium), office at Boulevard Charlemagne 74. The successful candidate might be required to travel within Europe occasionally.
How to apply
Please send a motivation letter (1 page) setting out how you meet the essential criteria above and a CV (max2 pages) in single PDF document by the 23rd of July 2019 to email@example.com and put in the subject ‘Project Officer Application’.