Vacancy for Communication Manager in Alexandria, EgyptJobs 04.07.2019
The Anna Lindh Foundation is seeking to appoint a Communication Manager as a new member of its international team. We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious professional who shares our values and is passionate about scaling-up the impact and reach of intercultural action and voice across the Mediterranean region.
The Communication Manager, working from the ALF HQ, will have the overall responsibility to ensure the ALF communication policy is centred on maximizing the reach, impact and visibility of the Foundation action with civil society and institutions across the 42 countries of the Union of Mediterranean. The Communication Manager will be a member of the Foundation senior management team and will be encouraged to learn about the Foundation’s programming and methodologies developed with civil society networks across the Middle East, North Africa, the Balkans and Europe.
We are currently living in a historical era in which mistrust and polarization between societies are rising. In this context the Anna Lindh Foundation firmly believes that:
- We need alternative narratives to fight extremist discourses and radicalisations. That is why we empower young voices by providing platforms for young people to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities.
- We need more inclusive and empathetic societies to fight the lack of trust and intolerance.To do so, we introduce impactful research on international policymaking. We provide a unique understanding of conflict dynamics through research, media dialogue and opinion-leadership.
- We need to build a culture based on dialogue and exchange. By leading a movement, we work with our far-reaching network to bring together and inspire other civil societies, and multiplying our impact in that way.
This post focuses on developing ALF communication policy and implementing, monitoring its action plan to maximise the visibility and impact of the Foundation activities.
The Communication Manager will be expected to:
- Supervising and assuming the responsibility for all Media platforms by aligning formats and messages
- Developing communication plans tailored to the different programmes, tools and targets of the Anna Lindh Foundation.
- Supporting the implementation of the communication plans for ALF’s flag-ship programmes, including the Anna Lindh Mediterranean Forum, Report on Intercultural Trends and Young Mediterranean Voices.
- Preparing the budget lines, reporting work and administrative follow-up related to ALF Communication Services, , Media activities, and Publications.
- Acting as operational focal point for the ALF’s main service providers related to design, publication production and digital communications.
- Developing and setting guidelines for the visibility policy of the Networks and collaborating with the Heads of Networks for its adaptation to country contexts.
- Developing large-scale visibility events including broadcast debates, public fora, and region-wide communication campaign initiatives.
- Coordinating with regional partners the media activities of the ALF.
- Developing, in co-operation with the Partnership and Business and Developoment Manager, marketing strategies and products related to the ALF’s strategic fund-raising policy with international partners and potential donors
- Supporting liaison work with the central services and regional delegations of the EU and UfM when it comes to developing joint communication plans and actions.
- Developing partnerships and synergies, in co-operation with the Partnership and Business Development Manager, with communication and media organisations in order to scale-up the impact and reach of the Foundation’s work.
- Developing communication training work and planning with leaders of granted projects and ALF national network members or representatives.
- Supporting the work of the ALF Media and Communication Officer to establish and develop contacts with media representatives at a national, regional and international level.
- Liaising and coordinating the team of media officers mobilised in the frame of ALF flagships initiatives to ensure proper coverage of the ALF main activities through internal and external outlets to enhance Foundation visibility
- Researching and developing content for opinion-pieces to be developed with inputs of the President, Executive Director.
- Carrying out quality control work on ALF publications and related institutional documents.
- Ensuring a system for media monitoring work and developing media reviews on news, Euro-Med Agenda and intercultural affairs.
Contributing to the overall work of The Executive Director Office as an integral department of the ALF International Headquarters.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in communication strategy design and implementation. This role is ideal for someone with previous international communication experience with an ability to research, gather, report and present information to a high standard to a variety of stakeholders and prospects. The candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication. or international relations or any domain related to Media and Communication.A Master’s Degree is considered added value.
- At least seven (7) years of related work experience in designing communication strategy, developing and monitoring its implementation. Proven track record of communication strategies developed either for organisations/companies or projects;
- Proven working experience in programme and partnerships development particularly in the media and communication field;
- Experience in developing communication campaigns of large-scale events, preferably at the international level;
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with partners, and partnership-building.
- Experience in designing training in communication;
- Proven experience in coordinating, rolling out processes, collating and analysing data to inform decision-making;
- Understanding of donor-funded project management and administrative compliance;
- Familiarity with the work of the Anna Lindh Foundation, its mandate, main areas of focus; networks, government bodies and departments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in at least 2 of the 3 working languages of the ALF (Arabic, English, French) with a third official working language as an important asset;
- Demonstrable familiarity with the policies, structures, and regulations of the EU and other government, multilateral, and foundation donors;
- Experience with G Suite, and/or any relevant information management systems;
- Demonstrable familiarity with peer non-profit and for-profit peer organisations in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, diverse environment with minimal supervision;
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in intercultural dialogue;
- Experience working in a Southern Mediterranean country an asset;
- Willingness to travel on short notice within the Euro-Med region.
This position is based in Alexandria.
Please submit your application below with the following items:
- Current CV (Europass format is recommended)
- Cover letter (one page focused on motivation)
- Optional additional components such as reference letters
Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.