Vacancy for Media Analyst Consultant in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 10.07.2019
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR
MEDIA ANALYST CONSULTANT
CRRC Azerbaijan is a program of Eurasia Partnership Foundation, which collects, analyzes, and publishes policy-relevant data on social, economic, and political trends in Azerbaijan. Together with regional network members, our team pursues a common goal of strengthening social science research and public policy analysis in the South Caucasus. CRRC Azerbaijan team has expertise in a wide range of research and evaluation services that aims to inform data-driven decision-making. CRRC Azerbaijan undertakes independent data collection and data analysis to provide high-quality research, program and policy recommendations on a full range of issues.
Scope of Work
EPF/CRRC Azerbaijan is looking for an experienced media consultant. Under the overall supervision of Principal Evaluator (PE), the media consultant will be expected to conduct a content analysis of the media products assigned by PE . In this regard, the consultant will be required to support the evaluation team in enhancing evaluation criteria, finding media products, and evaluating those against criteria. The media consultant will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- Review evaluation criteria for media products, edit them, and add new, if necessary;
- Review the list of media products and add overlooked one;
- Use content measurement metrics to evaluate the readability, purposefulness, expressions and the ability to make an impact on the reader of the contents;
- Analyze the content of the media products;
- Conduct quantitative analysis to determine the correlation between various variables;
- Define the popularity of the published media products on various platforms and websites by including the number of views, likes, dislikes, shares, comments on the media products;
- Follow the recent media trends and identify the relevance of the participants’ media products to the trends;
- Develop the scale for the number of media products before and after the course completed, and to compare the development scale;
- Analyze and prepare a summary of the findings.
The final list of deliverables will be agreed with the consultant during the inception stage. The following deliverables will be required:
- List of criteria for the desk review;
- List of media products produced by the alumni;
- Desk review completed on the Excel file;
- Draft report on the preliminary findings;
- Final desk review report.
- Master Degree in journalism or related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience as a journalist (preferred) ;
- Ability to analyze media products based on the required criteria;
- Working knowledge of Russian, English, and Azerbaijani (required);
- Ability to conduct quantitative analysis on Excel and other statistical software packages.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line MEDIA CONSULTANT by July 25.
Please, note that only successful candidates will be contacted. EPF/CRRC Azerbaijan keeps the right to fill the position before the deadline.