Vacancy for Commercial Assistant in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 10.06.2019
- The Commercial Assistant provides a range of assistance and support to U.S. companies interested in doing business in the European Union (EU) and monitors EU legislation for its impact on U.S. businesses.
- This position reports to the ICT/Standards Commercial Officer, responsible for monitoring and tracking developments in assigned sectors and horizontal issues relating to EU institutions. Researches and drafts responses to U.S. company routine inquiries in accordance with agency established customer service standards.
- Monitors and tracks assigned EU legislation, policies, and programs and researches and analyzes pending legislation and proposals as they relate to U.S. business interests and concerns, drafts market research reports, and serves on Commercial Service European Union (CSEU) and International Trade Administration (ITA)wide teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or university degree in economics, marketing, engineering, public policy, business administration, international relations, or other related fields.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in business, government, or NGOs in the fields of marketing, public policy, economics or international trade.
- An understanding of the structure, organization and complexities of the European Commission and other EU institutions. Familiarity with EU publications and online resources.
- A working knowledge of CSEU programs and services as well as an understanding of USG departments involved in economic and commercial affairs such as Commerce, State and USTR.
- level 4 (fluency) in English
- level 3 (good working knowledge) of one other EU language.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to meet and serve representatives of U.S. commercial and business firms as well as EU officials and representatives and representatives of third country missions with tact and efficiency;
- skill in use information and communication technologies, familiarity in database use;
- basic writing, analytical, and research skills;
- and familiarity with customer service techniques.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application through the website of the U.S.Embassy: https://be.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs by no later than June 23, 2019.