Vacancy for Junior Communications Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 04.03.2019
Based at FRH Office – 67, rue de Trèves - 1040, Brussels, Belgium
Position reports to Deputy executive officer
Working times 38 hours per week
Conditions One-year contract with the possibility to renew
Job Purpose Summary The post-holder will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the communication of the organisation.
FRH brings together people and organizations who want to save and protect Europe’s religious heritage. We are a not-for-profit association and are non-religious. With members in the NGO and business sector, universities and local and national governments, FRH provides a European-wide platform for cooperation, exchange of ideas and knowledge. Our office is based in Brussels, in the middle of the European quarter. It now has 3 staff members supported by dedicated and passionate volunteers. FRH’s governing body is the Council, which currently has 11 members. FRH was one of the 35 organisations selected by the European Commission to participate in the implementation of the European Year of Cultural Heritage in 2018. FRH is a network funded under the programme “Creative Europe”.
- Support the aims and activities of FRH through relevant communication and PR actions
- Implementing the communication strategy using online and offline platforms
- Creating dynamic content both for our members as well as external audiences
- Monitoring the field of cultural heritage; researching news items and sourcing original content from FRH members
- Updating and developing social media including Twitter and Facebook
- Producing a monthly Newsletter with interesting articles and relevant news
- Producing other communication output, such as press releases, targeted mails, folders, etc.
- Where needed, provide support to the Council and the Deputy Executive Officer both in the field of communication as well as administrative tasks
- Where needed, reply to queries and represent the organisation towards members and non-members
Skills and personality
- Relevant field of study - communications
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Perfect command of English. Very proficient or native level of French. Any other European language skills are a plus.
- Able to distinguish and relate to the different target groups, and to tactfully treat sensitive topics
- Proficiency working with MS Office and social media is essential. Experience working with WordPress, Mailchimp, and other cloud applications. Design skills as well as journalistic or press skills are a plus
- Inter-personal skills and experience working in an international context is of great value
- Clear interest in cultural heritage, a European cultural network and/or working for an NGO
- Self-driven with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality, creativity and flexibility
- Able to respond to urgent issues when needed; willing to travel within Europe on occasional basis
Why work for FRH
- You will help move the field of religious heritage forward
- Support and co-develop the functioning of a European-wide membership-based network
- Work at an international level on a wide variety of European projects
- Workplace located near the EU institutions and shared with other heritage organisations
- Fast-developing organisation with possibility to give your own ideas and input, ensuring its future success
- Possibility to attend relevant events and meetings
- Young and dynamic team
- A very interesting place to work
Please email your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com with “Junior Communications officer” in the subject line, by 30 April at the latest.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. For any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.