Vacancy for Event Organizer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 28.05.2019
GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH - is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes, often working under difficult conditions. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ International Services (InS) is the company’s business department offering services to international clients such as the European Commission. For more information, please consult www.giz.de.
In the framework of EU project, we are seeking to extend our pool of event organizers. We are especially interested to receive CV of candidates who are interested to work flexibly on a freelance basis. Longer term assignments are however also an option depending on the needs of a project.
The Event Organizer will be in charge of the logistical preparation and successful execution of training events, seminars and conferences according to the following responsibilities.
Ensuring the fulfillment of logistical activities such as transport, accommodation, interpretation, catering, local venue support etc. in compliance with contractual obligations
- Handling a smooth registration process for workshop participants, experts and attending representatives of the European Commission, where required through personal consultation and liaison, including sending of confirmation letters
- Handling all operations in a way to ensure transparent and reliable use of funds, a maximum of cost efficiency, proper written documentation, ensuring up-to-date statistics and reporting
- Budget calculation, negotiations of prices and contractual conditions for logistical services
- Quality control of suppliers and service providers, trouble shooting and monitoring of set deadlines
- Checking of invoices
- General support to the Project Managers
- Updating and improvement of templates
- Manage administrative tasks related to the organization of the events (printing documents, preparing participant bags, badges etc)
- Regular travelling and accompanying events in and outside Europe
All tasks shall be carried out under supervision of and in close collaboration with the Logistics Manager.
Minimum three years experience in organizing the logistics of events on international level and in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English, German and French
- Knowledge of Spanish is a major asset
- Good communication and negotiation skills, as well as a service- and client-oriented attitude.
- Strong sense of organization and stress-resistance
- Knowledge of procurement and financial issues
- Availability for regular travelling and accompanying events in and outside Europe
Applicants are asked to submit their updated CV together with a one-page cover letter (both CV and letter in English) to the following email address: email@example.com , mentioning “Event Organizer” in the reference.