Vacancy for General Assembly 2020 Coordinator at the EU-Russia Civil Society ForumJobs 11.11.2019
EU-Russia Civil Society Forum e.V. (CSF or Forum) (www.eu-russia-csf.org) is looking for a part time event manager based in Vilnius, Lithuania for organisation and overall support of the Forum’s General Assembly 2020. The assignment is foreseen for the period between 3 February 2020 and 5 June 2020.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and bringing together 178 nongovernmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations with the purpose to develop common projects and positions, coordinate their activities, and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, decision-makers, and other stakeholders. In particular, CSF promotes people-to-people exchanges and solidarity among civil society groups. It aims to influence EU-Russia relations for the public benefit in a wide range of public and intergovernmental interactions. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
This is a part-time position (fewer hours are foreseen in the beginning of employment, more hours closer and during the event). The Project Coordinator should have successful experience in event management within the civil society sector.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall organisation, logistics as well as reporting on the General Assembly 2020 (to happen on 18-20 May 2020 in Vilnius, Lithuania). The General Assembly (GA) is the highest decision-making body of the Forum. General Assemblies are held once a year and bring together up to 200 people - Forum members, observers, officials, guests from the EU and Russia to address recent developments, assess and discuss Forum’s activities and future projects. The Project Coordinator will work within Operations/ Programmes department of the CSF Secretariat.
Job Description/ Main Responsibilities:
- Overall logistics and coordination of the General Assembly 2020 in close cooperation with the CSF Secretariat team in general and Secretariat based GA supervisor in particular.
- Coordination and liaison between multiple GA stakeholders and service providers, oversight of the GA related working processes.
- Booking facilities, venue management and production of side events within the framework of the GA.
- On-site support of the CSF Secretariat team during the GA 2020. 2 Collection of the supporting documentation for the incurred expenses.
- Supporting preparation of the narrative and financial reporting for the GA 2020 and CSF donors.
- Other administrative work in relation to GA 2020 preparation, as requested.
- At least 3 year of proven successful experience in the field of event management (work experience in an international NGO is an asset).
- Excellent communication skills while working with different stakeholders and Forum’s members/participants.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively; responsibility and commitment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Initiative and ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Beside native-level Lithuanian, excellent English, Russian language would be a plus.
- 4 months job as of 3 February 2020.
- Interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU, Russia, and beyond.
- Honorarium in total of EUR 5000 (gross) paid on a service contract basis.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter by 8 December 2020 CET to Kristina Smolijaninovaite, Deputy Director of CSF, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please. Interviews will take place on in the middle of December via online talk. For more information see: www.eu-russia-csf.org (CSF), http://general-assembly.info (GA)