Vacancy for Principal consultant / Digital policy in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 19.11.2019
Technopolis Group has a growing portfolio of digital policy projects and provides support to policy-makers in better understanding the impact of digitalisation on the economy and society. We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced digital policy expert to join our Brussels team as a Principal Consultant.
Technopolis Group is a European leader in strategic policy advice in the field of science, technology and innovation (STI) and a growing business in emerging economies.
Our team undertakes comparative policy studies, monitoring and evaluation studies, socio-economic impact assessments but also provides strategic advice to regional, national, international and research organisations, predominantly to the public or third sector (such as the European Commission) but also public-private consortia in the innovation field.
We have grown steadily over the past 30 years and are continuing to expand internationally, with around 170 staff working across 12 offices.
For more information: www.technopolis-group.com
Experience and skills
Applicants should have a minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in a consulting environment in digital technologies and in digital policies (e.g. Industry 4.0, digital skills, intelligent cities, uptake of digital and related technologies by EU business, digital transformation, etc.).
A general overview of technological trends, policy-responses and impacts on economic sectors, industries and society, as well as proven track in working together with policymakers in this area are required. Candidates should be technology-savvy with passion for improving social and environmental sustainability through technology.
A very good knowledge of research methods, statistics, economic and business and innovation-related data would be considered a major plus.
Applicants should have good communication skills and be able to work in an international and multicultural environment. Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential and fluency in other European languages is considered an asset.
The successful candidate would be able to manage varying tasks under tight deadlines, manage clients and partners, show strong communication skills, willing to travel and be proactive. We expect our staff to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
- Design of methodological approach to answer complex policy questions
- Lead projects managed by Technopolis Group on behalf of the European Commission and other public sector clients and institutions
- Perform analytical and empirical work
- Identify and generate new business leads, including proposal writing
- Shape Technopolis Group thinking around digital transformation and the digital economy
- Draft reports and policy papers, targeted mainly at EU policy makers
- Manage large complex projects
What we offer
- A full time position.
- A competitive salary between 60K-70K gross annually along with six (6) additional holidays per year, a private hospitalisation insurance and a pension scheme.
- A strongly positive and diverse working atmosphere within a tight-knit team of like-minded professionals in Brussels, while also being part of a larger international company with multiple opportunities for international cooperation.
- Good opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective (thought leaders, methodological specialists) and in the areas of business development and company leadership.
- There is also the opportunity for staff to become shareholders as they progress to Partner level.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons with a work permit in Belgium.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com (reference: DP_consultant) and include a cover letter and an EU-style CV.
Application deadline: 20 December 2019 with interviews taking place early 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.