Vacancy for RFL / BRSC Field Officer 1 (Restoring Family Links) in Barda, AzerbaijanJobs 22.11.2019
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The ICRC Sub Delegation of Barda in Azerbaijan is seeking a candidate for the position of:
RFL / BRSC Field Officer 1 (Restoring Family Links)
Purpose of the position:
As a part of the process of clarification of the fate of Missing persons, the ICRC Barda BRSC team systematically collect, store, manage and preserve biological samples of relatives of missing persons, to enable future identification by the authorities using DNA profiling techniques.
• Actively participate in the Biological Reference Sample Collection (BRSC) Program by collecting buccal samples, completing relevant documentation and performing quality control of collected data;
• Perform data entry on the specific software according to given procedures mainly independently;
• Ensure follow-up and updates of specific files / databases;
• Execute office work (typing of standard documents, filing, photocopying etc.);
• Provide regular oral and written feedback on problems encountered;
• Work under close technical supervision from the team leader.
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
• University, high school qualifications;
• Work experience in an international organisation is considered an asset;
• 2 years of work experience in a similar field of activity;
• Good command of English and Azerbaijani is required, any other language locally spoken is an asset;
• Good computer skills (mainly MS Office Programs).
• Capacity to adhere to and implement strict procedures;
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a team;
• Good listening and communication skills;
• Attention to details, rigor, method and analytical skills.
This is a full-time position with a duty station in Barda that requires frequent overnight and field trips to the regions.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you consider to have all the necessary qualifications and the ability to take over the designed tasks, please send your CV in English, your motivation letter in English and copies of diplomas/certificates to this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line indicating “RFL/BRSC Field Officer in BARDA”.
Deadline for submission of applications: 25 November, 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please only send copies (and not originals) of employment and education certificates as these documents will not be returned.
For additional information, please consult the ICRC website: www.icrc.org