Vacancy for Agribusiness Consultant in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 13.10.2019
IHS Markit’s Agribusiness Consulting group, a world agribusiness research and consulting leader that covers the agribusiness supply chain from agricultural inputs to retail globally, is seeking a Senior Consultant with knowledge and experience of European agribusiness and policy to join its European consulting team based in Brussels, Belgium.
The successful Candidate will play an important role in developing and carrying out consulting projects with a particular focus on food, agriculture, rural development, bio-energy, and related food safety, environmental and trade policy issues. This will include obtaining primary and secondary data and information, conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis, developing evidence-based findings, and formulating recommendations for businesses, government agencies and trade associations.
The successful Candidate will ensure analytical quality is met as well as project milestones and timelines.
In this role, the successful Candidate will have extensive contact with clients and will play a key role in developing relationships with existing clients as well as developing relationships with new clients.
- Consulting Project Management: Managing and leading simultaneous projects, guiding the research team and manage any issues as appropriate with other members of each project team
- Consulting Project Execution: Conduct extensive primary and secondary research and analysis of the markets relevant to the food and agriculture supply chain, with a specific focus on agricultural policy evaluation and impact assessments. Develop original content, analytical approaches and synthesise research findings to effectively communicate this research, findings and conclusions to clients
- Business Development: Contribute to proposal submissions and business development opportunities as an individual and part of the wider European and global consulting team
What we are looking for:
- Extensive consultancy/research experience, excellent client facing skills and an ability to manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Masters, MBA or PhD in agricultural economics, or a related field and/or commercial experience of at least 3 years
- A comprehensive understanding of European agriculture and/or the European agri-food sector
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills in English including written and oral presentation capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to expand knowledge base to multiple markets, analytical tools and topical areas
- Ability to conceptualise and synthesise complex issues
- Additional language capabilities would be an advantage, particularly French and/or German
Please apply to the job via IHS Markit Career website: https://ihsmarkit.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com