Vacancy for DevOps Engineer in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 30.09.2019
OJSC International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) is seeking DevOps Engineer for its Digital Innovation Factory.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible to setup the DevOps model and build capabilities across all digital squads using the new methodology.
Contributes across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment.
Needs to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest into learning new concepts, tools and methodologies.
Shows a passion for DevOps practices and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning, typically manifest in their community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas)
Key Result Areas
- Design and implement DevOps model and CI/CD pipeline across digital squads and over time also core platform teams
- Establish engineering practices including automated testing and automated monitoring
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with the developers to understand and properly design the deployments & monitoring across different teams
- Lay out the guidelines and infrastructure for all developers and teams to use on their projects
- Ensure high availability (up time) and high scalability on production and test environments
- Help debug and fix any problems with the infrastructure and applications
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1-2 year experience
- Expert experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Expert experience in Continuous Deployment (CI/ CD)
- Expert experience in containerized deployments using Docker
- Expert experience in Kubernetes
- Expert experience in setting up infrastructure on Amazon AWS
- Expert experience in setting up monitoring tools like Pingdom, Datadog, Sysdig, etc
- Knowledge of Java programming is an added plus.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience as a developer on an agile team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align team members on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information
- Good team player that collaborates to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
If you meet the requirements please e-mail your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org until November 20, 2019, Please indicate the name of the position (DevOps Engineer) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Otherwise, the candidacy will not be considered in the review process of the applications collected.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.