Vacancy for Associate Product Marketing Manager, Strategy and Operations (Japanese) in Tokyo, JapanJobs 09.04.2020
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Japan due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1.5 years of full-time work experience in consulting, investment banking, business strategy or a related field.
- Experience with analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to senior management.
- Experience working in complex organizations where working across boundaries and developing strong organizational relationships are keys to success.
- Deep understanding of Google's products and technology industry.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Developed written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
About the job
As a part of Marketing’s Strategy and Operations team, you will engage regularly with marketing leads/Chief Marketing Officers for Japan Marketing to establish strategic direction, getting broad exposure to different parts of the business. You will work with teams and collaborate cross-functionally with key leaders within Marketing and across Product, Finance, and Engineering to solve our toughest challenges, advocate high priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor within Marketing. In this role, you will become an invaluable source of advice and essential partner to Marketing executives. Ideal candidates will have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, strong quantitative skills, comfort tackling broad-reaching and ambiguous questions, and the ability to communicate and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Googlers of all levels. As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), you will be part of a unique and highly respected program that provides the opportunity to learn new skills through training, an extensive network, international travel to learn more about Google’s business in global markets, and rotations to gain exposure to different products, functions, and/or global locations.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Partner with Japan marketing leadership to set an annual strategic plan, articulating critical priorities and corresponding investment. Coordinate executive-level deliverables.
- Bring the science and rigor to establishing Marketing’s priorities. Conduct data-driven business analytics to support and make recommendations on strategy and investment.
- Improve overall efficiency and effectiveness within your organization by applying a rigorous approach to Marketing’s operational processes.
- Evaluate and pressure test Marketing performance on your products and priorities. Identify opportunities to drive product growth and user engagement, and develop data-driven recommendations for leadership.