Vacancy for Legal Trainee in Stockholm, SwedenJobs 10.04.2020
- Master's degree in Law field from a Nordic University.
- Experience in data protection, copyright, technology or media law by way of work experience or specialization.
- Ability to speak and write in English and one Nordic language fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in legal analysis and research.
- Work experience in a law firm, media/technology company.
- Experience working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building relationships and communicating with people at all levels.
- Ability to start in August 2020 for a 12 months contract.
About the job
As a Legal Trainee, and part of the regional Google Legal team, you will play an important part in helping to respond to some of the legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges at Google and YouTube, learning to expect the unexpected while actively promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment. Based in Stockholm, the Nordic legal department of Google offers an opportunity to join the team and assist with legal matters in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third-parties in relation to Google services and resolve internal escalations.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and the management of court actions and in the analysis of lawsuits filed against Google.
- Assist in a variety of projects, such as the localization of new Google Products, marketing assessments and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including the Right To Be Forgotten (GDPR), Copyright, consumer regulations, media regulations, advertising, etc.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal team.