Vacancy for Administrative Professionals in Nova Scotia, CanadaJobs 15.04.2020
In order to ensure an adequate workforce to deliver care/services during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is accepting applications from people who are not currently employed with us now for Casual Relief workers in multiple position types.
This is a pooling posting for interested candidates to provide a resume and apply for a position in a contingent workforce to provide care/service. By applying to this posting you accept that you may be assigned to work in Long Term Care or publicly funded health care entities, although you will be compensated by the NSHA. Simply fill out our online application form and specify your preferences for location, and we’ll get back to you if you meet qualification requirements.
Some examples of the areas of expertise/types of workers we are seeking are:
- Accounting Clerk
- Booking & Registration Clerk
- Ward Clerk
- Communication Clerk
- Stores Clerk
- Health Information Administration/Technician
- The purpose of this posting is to hire candidates who are not currently employed with NSHA and/or a Long Term Care facility to build a pool of workers for deployment to meet care/service delivery needs
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with respective NSHA collective agreements and terms and conditions of employment, and will remain per NSHA even if deployed to continuing care
- Union status will vary by locations and bargaining units
- As scheduling and available hours are subject to change, these positions will be Casual Relief in employment status
Please ensure your resume includes the following information:
- Diploma in Office/Business Administration (or equivalent), or 1 year of full-time clerical/administrative working experience required
- Medical Terminology certification or training an asset (required for some positions)
- Previous clerical/secretarial experience will be considered a strong asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced, healthcare setting will make for a smooth transition
Please ensure your resume includes all relevant education, experience, training and certifications related to this position.
NSHA is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals includes doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers in four geographic management zones. Each one provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in NSHA. Only those moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted. Please note we only accept online applications.
Employment Equity Act
NSHA strives to be representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We strongly value diversity and are committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination. Members of the following groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy:
- Indigenous Canadians
- African Nova Scotians
- Persons with disabilities
- Recent immigrants
We are proud to provide a smoke-free and scent-aware environment.
See more information: Click