Vacancy for Project Manager in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 28.02.2020
Deadline: 13 March 2020
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTION
Overall responsibility within the Project rests with the Project Manager who has the authority to act and commit on the behalf of CONTRACTOR Management, being the main point of contact with Company.
The Project Manager is to ensure that the Contract is executed in accordance with CONTRACTOR procedures and Contract requirements, meeting targets set in terms of HSES and Quality, while achieving schedule constraints and financial objectives.
• Establish with Company and within Project Team, Project vision, goals and success criteria and implement these.
• Establish a positive working relationship with Company.
• Establish a Project Execution Plan for completion of the Project and focus on executing it as per the plan or better.
• Ensure an injury free workplace on all sites of the projects. Put forward a clear understanding of HSES and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Project phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
• Implemente an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system.
• Establish the Project organisation and secure sufficient and qualified resources.
• Manage and contribute to the development of the human resources assigned to the project and ensure their yearly appraisal in liaison with the functional departments.
• Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
• Develop “team spirit” for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
• Ensure that a complete package of tender documentation is available at or immediately after Contract Award to achieve effective handover of the tender.
• Ensure at the beginning of the Contract that the detailed budget against which the Contract performance will be measured is prepared.
• Provide regular feed back of “lessons learnt”.
• Ensure that CONTRACTOR systems and tools are in place to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
• Identify and manage Contract changes and notify Company in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
• Ensure monitoring, co-ordination and management of the work being performed by the project team, its Subcontractors and Vendors involved in the Contract.
• Ensure that all internal and external interfaces are identified and closed out in a timely manner.
• Ensure that the Project financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
• Accurate and timely reporting of Project status to Company and to CONTRACTOR management.
• Ensure proper closing out of the Contract, both with Company and Subcontractors.
• Prepare a Contract Completion Report highlighting deviations from schedule and budget with reasons and explanations.
• Financial / Commercial Authority: As per latest revision of FR-FIN-102
• The Project Manager reports to a Project Director.
• Reporting to this position are the key project personnel such as:
- Project HSES Manager,
- Project Quality Manager,
- Cost Control Lead,
- Planning Lead,
- Engineering Lead/Manager,
- Supply Chain Lead/Manager,
- Construction/Operations Manager,
- Interface Manager,
- Project Assistant.
The Project Manager will regularly interface with the following:
• COMPANY representative and its Contractors
• Main Subsea 7 Subcontractors and suppliers
• Sale and Marketing Department
• Finance Department
• Legal Department
• Human resources Department
• Subsea 7 African countries offices and Yards
• Others Regions.
CAPABILITY PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
• Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
• Experience in project management (10 years of experience)
• Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
• Fluent in English Language
The Project Manager will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
• Work will be based in the Subsea 7 Baku office with possible mission in other Subsea 7 office where the project takes place or where the company is based.
• Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
• Organize several visits to company, fabrication yards, Construction vessels, and main Subcontractors during the course of the Project