Vacancy for Student Affairs SpecialistJobs 29.02.2020
Deadline: 10 March 2020
UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the
French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by
the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra) from the French side. UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. Tuition language is English.
Position name: Student Affairs Specialist
Position in the organizational structure: Attached to the Education department of the French- Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), under the supervision of the Head of Education Department of UFAZ.
- Implements policies and procedures on a range of student affairs issues such as admissions (ASOIU, UNISTRA), course registration, class absences, graduation processing, petitioning, withdrawals and etc.
- Informs all UFAZ students about the code of conduct and university rules (including examination rules)
- Ensures document turnover (internal documentation, information materials for students, etc.)
- Advises students on study program related matters (such as application processing questions, changes in timetable via social networks, information sessions, receptions, and student orientations)
- Supports in hosting business representatives and participation of students in career fair with internship and recruitment purposes.
- Liaisons with teachers to address and solves student’s problems related to study programs
- In charge of all activities linked to student life at UFAZ
- Supports the organization of student unions and other student clubs
- Supports during annual admission procedures of UFAZ
- Contacts with parents of students, providing information about the university, or the results of the student / any other behavioral issues to report
- Informs Head of the department in case of any serious issues regarding students
- Prepares all relevant statistics and official lists for Azerbaijani ministries, and for UFAZ jury of semester, disciplinary commission, etc.
- Stores and archives in organized manner all files and documents linked to UFAZ students
- Keeps smooth and operational relations with ASOIU educational department
- Communicates to students’ messages sent by other UFAZ departments (approved by the management)
- Implements other duties as assigned by the Head of the department
- Master Degree in education administration or similar field.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is a must and French language preferable.
- The ability to project a strong positive image of the University through personal
- interaction with parents, staff, students, and others is required.
- The ability to solve problems commonly found within the higher education environment
- The ability to develop and present educational programs or workshops.
- The ability to assess and interpret individual student needs and to make appropriate referrals.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as needed
- The ability to make competent, informed determinations and judgments on a range of
- confidential and/or sensitive issues in area of expertise.
- Proficiency with computing software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and with tough deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume
Send materials via e-mail to: email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 10, 2020.
For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az