Vacancy for Research Assistant in Florence, ItalyJobs 03.06.2020
The EUI has a vacancy for a Research Assistant in the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies.
Length of contract and % of full-time: One year, full time, starting in November 2020, or as soon as possible
Salary indication: Basic monthly salary approx. € 1940 plus allowances if applicable. More information about conditions of employment is available here.
Title of project:
InDivEU - Integrating Diversity in the European Union InDivEU has built a consortium of some of Europe’s premier research universities and outstanding scholars of Differentiated integration (DI) to address the challenges facing the EU and commits to supplying robust evidence to support policy. The aim of InDivEU is to create comprehensive knowledge base on DI of direct relevance to Europe’s policy makers. This work will have a direct impact on the work of AFCO in the EP, the Commission planning unit, prime ministers offices, European Affairs Committees and a range of civil society nodes. http://indiveu.eui.eu/
The successful candidate will work under the close supervision of Prof Brigid Laffan to help deliver work package 9 of the project ‘Synthesis and Design’ - organise and synthesise the knowledge generated by work packages 1-7 to produce the comprehensive knowledge base on DI
Her/his tasks will include:
- conducting detailed research and assisting in preparation of documentations for policy makers in the design and elaboration of DI solution in the Union
- helping in preparation of DI scenarios
- evaluation of existing policy for DI
- preparing input into the academic and policy debate as part of the project.
- PhD, preferably in a topic related to the European Union, preferably to differentiated integration– at the time of starting the work.
- Strong track record Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience in working with international teams.
- Other languages an asset
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
The closing date for applications is: 28.06.2020 at midnight (CET)
Learn more and apply: https://www.eui.eu/pdf