Vacancy for Instructor, Computer and Information Sciences in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 08.06.2020
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING: INSTRUCTOR, COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCES
The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Instructor, Computer and Information Sciences position for its Bachelor of Science programs starting in the Fall 2020 semester.
We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
- Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
- Being able to teach some of the Major Core and Technical Elective Computer Science courses outlined in the Program of Study at https://www.ada.edu.az/en/schools/programs/site/122-computer-science (the teaching workload is 8 courses per academic year i.e. 10 months), including:
- Programming Principles I and II
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Object-Oriented Analysis &Design
- Introduction to Computer Networks
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Introduction to Software Engineering, etc.
- Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure compliance with the SITE curriculum requirements and guidelines;
- Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
- Meeting all scheduled classes/labs and providing instruction in accordance with objectives of the approved course outline;
- Providing meaningful and timely feedback on student assignments, hold regular office hours;
- Using the university’s student information system and learning management system;
- Providing exemplary service to the university and community.
- PhD or MS degree in Computer Science or other related fields from an accredited institution;
- Experience designing and teaching similar courses in the degree program;
- Experience in conducting funded research, and publications in major reputed peer-reviewed journals;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at an accredited institution, especially at the collegiate level;
- Strong commitment to serving university and society;
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy (CC) to email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 30 June 2020. Appointments begin 15 August 2020. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az