Vacancy for Lead Engineer in UK, Germany, The NetherlandsJobs 21.03.2020
Deadline: 31 may 2020
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC) is an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor serving the worldwide renewable energy industry as well as offshore oil and gas. Our core values are safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration and our vision is to be acknowledged by our clients, our people and our shareholders, as the leading strategic partner in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services.
Are you looking for a challenge in a dynamic international work environment within a small but growing organisation in Leer, Germany? And are you passionate about your field of expertise?
Lead Engineer (m/f/d)
The Lead Engineer is part of the Engineering section, within the Technical Department. The Lead Engineer is an all-encompassing role to cover the project(s) from the design phase right through to execution offshore.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Act as a senior counterpart for the Project Manager, Project Team and other Stakeholders;
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to ensure the most competitive offer and the most efficient and safe method of execution;
- Guidance/support/review for the following aspects in the technical support of project engineering activity:
- Preparation of technical solution method statement(s) incl. selection of suitable assets with the support of Technical Department;
- Preparation of Technical Question (TQ’s) and Request for Information (RfI’s);
- Completion of engineering calculations (where appropriate/suitable);
- Preparation of responses to technical clarifications following project meetings.
- Delegate and monitor individual work load of Project Engineers assigned to project team;
- Prepare project specific drawings, procedures (e.g. installation procedures, task risk assessment, work methods, etc.); for the projects and tenders;
- Warrant that the engineering procedures / plans comply with contractual- industry- and local requirements;
- Preparing scopes for subcontracts and review & evaluate subcontracts;
- Review, prepare planning for project preparation and execution;
- Operationally assist with project execution preparations/processes;
- Identify and arrange project equipment/materials requirements;
- Prepare and arrange for all administrative tasks on project base, as required.
- Develop plans and procedures to improve existing engineering processes, procedures and working methods;
- Contributing creative and innovative ideas to ensure the most competitive offer and the most efficient and safe method of execution.
- BSc/MSc degree with a technical and/or electrical engineering background;
- 5+ years relevant experience in the marine/offshore sector in similar position;
- Experience in engineering, design and AutoCAD;
- Fully conversant in English verbally and in writing;
- Resourceful and problem solving abilities;
- A team leader with practical approach and good communication skills;
- Social team player with hands-on attitude;
- Keen and analytical;