Vacancy for Project Services Manager in Houston, USAJobs 22.03.2020
Deadline: 1 april 2020
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Project Services Manager & Risk and Opportunity Analyst is responsible for the delivery of Project Services and Risk and Opportunity deliverables on specific project and within the Business Unit as required, ensuring the delivery of governance and compliance with Subsea 7 standards. The role reports functionally to the BU Commercial Manager (BCM) and directly to the BU Commercial Manager and/or the Project Manager.
Specific key Responsibilities & Activities
- Managing and accountable for the planning, document control, contract administration, risk and cost control tasks such that they comply with the requirements set out under the contract and to streamline it according to the relevant process
- Ensure that the project revenue and profit is optimised on project level in liaison with the Project Manager, and at the same time understand and take into consideration factors on Company level. Seek opportunities (e.g. additional work), make the required information and knowledge available to take the correct actions and mitigations to maximise margin and manage risk.
- Ensure that Risk and Opportunity management is properly delivered and managed on the project and tender according to the GoM process
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the PM7/Business Management System (BMS)
- Ensure, supervise and maintain an optimal Project Services project organisation in liaison with the respective base organisation discipline leads.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the project in the correct Subsea 7/Client format (Monthly Report, PMSR and other report as required)
- Lead an integrated approach to Project Services, ensuring the key functions of Cost Management, Contract Management, Planning, Risk and Opportunity Management and Document Control are aligned
- Ensure Subsea 7’s need for Project Services is adequately reflected in any contractual relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Work closely with other functions including SCM and Contracts to ensure an integrated approach to Project Delivery
- Ensure planning is properly delivered on the projects including the establishment and maintenance of the baseline plan, progress updates, planning reviews, short term look-ahead plans and forecast completion status
- Support the functions with development of direct reports through clearly understood roles, responsibilities and performance objectives, regular feedback and continual professional training
- Ensure Project Services capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Ensure weighting and progress measurement mechanism for the projects is aligned with the project cost/revenue breakdown and consistency in the Business Unit.
- Responsible for ensuring the contracts administration (in accordance with the companies contracting principles) tasks are performed in support of Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the information provided to finance is timely and accurate.
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting the contracts representative in the handling of changes to the contract (variations, amendments)
- Prepare commercial closeout for all project based on cost benchmarks for typical activities, offshore as-built report for typical activities and overall variance analysis.
- Ensure timely and accurate gathering of documentation required for issuing variation orders and prepare submission in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Support standards and procedures for the Project Controls functions
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Operate within legal frameworks and budgets
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Industry partners
- Appropriate professional bodies
- BU Commercial Manager
- BU Director
- Heads of Functions
- Project Managers/Directors
Preferred Experience and Education
· Qualified ideally in Project Management, Project Control, Finance or Engineering.
· Broad experience of delivering Project Control and various types and size of project.
· Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
· Experience from a minimum one of the disciplines of Project Control and a broad understanding of the other disciplines on projects.
· Experience from multiple disciplines and projects within Subsea 7.
· Technical knowledge and application of Project Control and its disciplines and associated systems
· Strong communication
· People development
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Understanding of the Offshore Oil and Gas industry
· Understanding of Subsea 7 business model