Vacancy for Postdoc Position in Institute of Biological Psychiatry(Denmark)Jobs 24.03.2020
Deadline: 19 April 2020
Institute of Biological Psychiatry [IBP] under the auspices of the Copenhagen Mental Health Services and University of Copenhagen is an international and highly competitive research environment. We are currently looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work on genomics of mental disorders.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled fellow with a Ph.D. in the field of statistics or bioinformatics to interpret genetic and environmental data in psychiatric diseases at an unprecedented scale and resolution. As part of the iPSYCH project, you will have access to genome-wide genotypes and register based healthcare and socioeconomic traits on 130.000 individuals. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the current revolution in our genetic and biological understanding of mental disorder. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues while also developing and implementing your research ideas and goals. As a Postdoctoral fellow you will work with the institute’s Lead Scientists and formally report to the Director of the Institute, Professor Thomas Werge.
IBP is actively engaged in the following types of research ventures:
- Identification and genomic prediction of disease trajectories
- Leveraging geo-spatial distribution to Identify interacting environmental exposures and genomic risk factors
- Cross-disorders gene discovery studies
- Genealogy- and polygenic scores-based prediction of clinical subgroups and outcomes
- You are highly competent in: Statistics or genetic bioinformatics, analysis of big data, e.g. register, GWA or sequence data, and statistical analysis using R, MATLAB or similar
- Experience is desirable, but not vital in: Analyzing multivariate longitudinal and survival data, GWA analysis programs like PLINK, GCTA, or IMPUTE2, data resources like 1000G, Hapmap, GO, KEGG, REACTOME, and programming common languages such as Python, Perl or C++
- Personal assets: You are ambitious and with a strong desire to achieve own scientific goals. You are driven by curiosity and scientifically self-propelling. You have the ability to work independently and structured, and have an open, collaborative and analytical mindset
How to apply
We encourage submission of applications as soon as possible and no later than 19th of April 2020. The application and a professional CV must be submitted as one PDF file. All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
For more information website