Vacancy for Project Rigid Riser design & installation Analyses Engineer in Paris (Suresnes), FranceJobs 24.03.2020
Deadline: 31 march 2020
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Our success and sustainability is only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ At Subsea 7.
Subsea 7 are committed to continually build on its diverse workforce, offering excellent career opportunities, as well as providing a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment.
The Subsea 7 Global Projects Centres foster performance on large offshore Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation projects across the world. Our people share expertise, passion and commitment to deliver and have the opportunity to collaborate with our clients, regional offices, functions and strategic alliances, throughout the full life cycles of offshore energy development projects, from conceptual phase until execution onsite and start-up.
As part of the development of our "Global Project Center" (GPC) we are looking for a Project engineer to integrate our department "risers, installation Analyses and umbilical" (RIAU).
GPC RIAU Team is currently based in three sites: Sutton, Suresnes and most recently Kuala Lumpur. The team has a multicultural environment, with highly skilled engineers from all parts of the world.
What do we do? From Tender to project, through technology, RIAU discipline is delivering high end performance on the various domains (Flexibles, Rigid risers, Installation Analyses, Umbilical and controls). The current vacancy aims to reinforce the Rigid Risers and Installation analyses team.
Integrated within the RIAU team the engineer will be supporting tender and/or project for topics related to riser design including global Analyses, installation Analyses and technical follow-up of the subcontracted components (Strakes, Flexible joints, Buoyancy modules, ..). He will also contribute to the development of discipline through various work on Technology development and / or continuous improvements.
Under the responsibility of the RIAU lead engineer, on project, Tender and technology development your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- interface with project team, engineering teams (welding, methods, operation, materials, …) and SCM,
- support the selection of the Supplier through technical evaluation
- Check others, analyses, design and engineering activities associated.
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV OSF201, API RP 2STD, 2RD); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Perform the in place design analysis with OrcaFlex, as per design brief and basis,
- develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system / static jumper system
- be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- Perform OrcaFlex installation analyses for soft product e.g. umbilical and flexible as well as deployment of structures
- Develop Operational weather standby with in house tool to support tender
- Ensure that QA/QC process is well followed
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline. Attend to discipline meeting as required.
Capability profile – Knowledge, skills, experiences
- MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, you have a minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, ideally with in place / installation analyses of riser systems (rigid, flexible or umbilical).
- You are proficient in FEA modelling and you know well OrcaFlex software.
- Your English is fluent
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Interest for analyses work
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party management
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Systems where a further knowledge is desirable
- Naval architecture,
- Flexible pipe design
- Umbilical design
- Offshore experience
- Python knowledge
- Majority of the work is carried out in the regional main office site – Suresnes
- Offshore / Off-site location during project Execution phase as required.
- Working hours according to local regulation and Company's policy