The University of Skövde offers some scholarships to studentsMaster 11.06.2013
The University of Skövde offers some scholarships to students who are attending a Master's programme at our University and are liable for tuition fees. If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about which scholarships they provide.
This page contains information about three types of scholarship grants:
- Scholarships IPK/UHR for international master's students liable for tuition fees
- Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
- Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
1. Scholarships IPK/UHR for international master's students liable for tuition fees
The University of Skövde has some scholarships to students attending a Master's programme at our university. The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of SEK 60 000 / year (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount will be deducted from the tuition fee when you receive the invoice. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merits. The scholarship can only be awarded to tuition paying students. Please note that you have to be able to finance the rest of the tuition fee yourself and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
How to apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde:
- First apply for studies at University Admissions prior to applying for a scholarship at the University of Skövde, you must apply for one of our master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde: the scholarship application deadline for the master’s programmes that start in the spring semester (January 2014) is September 15th, 2013.
- Fill in the Scholarship Application Form. You will need to provide us with the application number you will receive from the website University Admissions when you submit your scholarship application on our website.
Please read the information below with the list of countries (categories 1 and 2) before you apply for a scholarship.
Scholarship application deadline for the spring semester 2014: September 15th, 2013
Please note: students from Category 1 (see list below) can only apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship, while students from Category 2 (see list below) can apply to both the scholarships from the University of Skövde and the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship.
Category 1: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Category 2: Candidates with citizenship from countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients, except the ones listed on Category 1 and the other following exceptions: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
2. Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute offers a range of scholarships for students coming to study in Sweden. For more information about SI's scholarships, please contact the Swedish Institute directly.
3. Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about which scholarships they provide. The University of Skövde is part of the Erasmus programme, which means that if the University of Skövde has a bilateral Erasmus agreement with your home institution you might be able to study here with an Erasmus grant. We encourage you to pursue this option since the Erasmus scholarships are often very generous.