Call for Applications, World Bank Scholarships ProgramMaster 24.05.2017
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs spanning a wide array of development topics and for 14 Partner Programs at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJWBGSP Preferred or Partner masters degree Programs;
The scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a USD 500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university;
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
Applicants can apply for scholarships to both Preferred and Partner Programs. The process to apply to a Preferred Program and to a Partner Program differs:
- Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Partner Program scholarship must first apply for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Program(s);
- Inquiries on how to submit an admissions application to a partner program should be submitted to the respective university.