The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2018-2019Master 24.10.2017
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enrol in their master’s and PhD courses. It helps to shape the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applications from emerging countries at master’s level, and from emerging and industrialized countries at PhD level.
Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields:
- engineering science at master’s level, science in the broadest sense at PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
- economics and management;
- law and political sciences.
- either in a master’s degree course;
- or in a PhD programme, under joint supervision or dual enrolment, in partnership with a foreign higher education establishment.
- 12 months maximum for enrollment in second year of 2-year master’s program (M2)
- 24 months maximum for enrollment in first year of 2-year master’s program (M1 /M2)
- 36 months maximum for completion of an engineering program
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Nationality: The program is designed for foreign nationals. Candidates who hold French citizenship, even if they are also a citizen of another country, are not eligible.
- Age limit Master: No more than 30 years of age on the date the selection committee meets. Doctorate: No more than 35 years of age on the date the selection committee meets.
- Submission of applications: Applications are put forward by the French host institutions, which agree to enroll the grantees in the program for which they are selected.
Each institution may nominate a maximum of 40 applicants at the master’s level. Applicants nominated by more than one institution will be immediately rejected.
For Master’s level studies:
Monthly stipend of € 1,181 Payment’s on grantee’s behalf:
- international round-trip
- medical insurance
- housing subsidy
For PhD level studies:
Monthly stipend of €1,400 Payment’s on grantee’s behalf:
- international round-trip airfare and shipping of personal effects
- medical insurance -
- housing subsidy