Master of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering at University of Tartu (UT), EstoniaMaster 03.02.2018
50% of Studies at IT Company, Scholarships – IT Master’s at University of Tartu (Estonia)
- Apply for University of Tartu (UT) master’s in Software Engineering and Computer Science until March 15.
- More than 90% of admitted students will study free of charge.
- You will get a chance to apply for an Industrial Master’s position and study 50% of the curriculum at a partner IT company.
Estonia is Europe’s forerunner in e-governance and has one of the highest numbers of start-up companies per capita. University of Tartu is the country’s top university and one of two Central and Eastern European universities to make it to the top 250 in Computer Science (THE World University Rankings by Subject 2018).
The English-language master’s programmes in Computer Science and Software Engineering are free of charge for more than 90% of students. There are also a number of monthly stipends available for top candidates, for example an Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship for students from Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
During the first semester, Software Engineering and Computer Science students will get a chance to apply for an Industrial Master’s position. If you are successful, you can start studying 50% of your studies at an IT company. You will get university credits and a scholarship of 500 euros per month for completing practical assignments at a company. You will also get an individual study plan, a thesis topic and a co-supervisor by the partner company.
Who can apply?
You can apply for master’s programmes in Software Engineering and Computer Science if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree* (or equivalent) in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in other specialisations are eligible if they have completed at least 24 ECTS of courses in computer science.
- You have proof of English language proficiency at a satisfactory level.
* Final year bachelor’s students are also eligible to apply with their latest study results.
Application deadline: March 15
web: admissions website