500 Scholarship for Master's and Doctoral Studies in BrasilMaster 20.06.2018
The eighth consecutive edition of the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OAS-GCUB 2018 offers more than 500 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master's or doctorate programs in Brazilian Universities. This Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC) between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO) is open now and the deadline to apply is July 30, 2018.
- Full tuition waiver (program cost).
- Partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the minimum. (Covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
- Free Portuguese language support.
- The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master's and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member States except from Brazil*.
- Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master's and/or a Doctorate program.
- There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online Scholarship Application Form Brazil Scholarships PAEC OAS-GCUB. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the candidate selection process.
- Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement in its entirety.
*The OAS-GCUB scholarship program is not available to Brazilian citizens or permanent residents as one of the objectives of the program is to promote regional integration through the internationalization of students in highly prestigious educational institutions in Brazil.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
- Read the scholarship announcement, requirements, benefits, responsibilities and the basis for Brazil Scholarship Program.
- Review the list of study programs and Brazilian universities participating in this program
Select up to three (3) study programs for master’s or doctoral degrees*. Each one of those programs must be in different universities located in different regions in Brazil.
*One of the main objectives of the OAS-GCUB scholarship program is to promote the internationalization and mobilization of students of the Americas to different Brazilian regions. Therefore, the program is designed to favor the equitable distribution of students among participating Brazilian universities. Additionally, applying to three different regions will increase the chances of receiving a scholarship offer from one of the selected institutions, as the number of scholarship openings per university is limited.
Gather all the application documents required. We recommend beginning this process as early as possible since some universities close for vacations.
Fill out completely the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018, attaching the required application documents. Keep in mind that the system will only be open and receiving applications until 23:59 of the closing date (Washington, D.C. local time)
The documents required and submitted in the Application Form for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB 2018 will be shared with the universities for the admission process of each study program. It is not necessary that the student apply for admission directly with the universities.
Wait for the publication of results with the list of selected candidates for the scholarship.
CALENDAR FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP PROCESS
Scholarship announcement and beginning of the application period: June 14, 2018
Scholarship Application Deadline: July 30, 2018 (until 23:59 of the closing date in Washington, D.C. local time).
Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org will only be available and answering questions from June 14 – July 30, 2018 and will be inactive after the announcement closes. Office hours are from Monday through Friday from 09:00 to 17:00 hrs, local time in Washington, D.C., USA. We recommend you read carefully the FAQs section, where you might find quickly the information that you need.
Announcement of results of the call and publication of selected candidates: starting on November 19, 2018.
Program start dates in Brazil: First and second half of 2019.
For a successful application process, please review the following documents:
*The map of universities aims to show the regions and locations of the participating universities in this call. For the address and the available campuses per university, please consult the website of each educational institution and the 'List of Programs of Study', which contains the programs available in each university and their respective campuses.
Send your questions to email@example.com. This email account will only be available and answering questions once the application period opens on June 14, 2018 and will be inactive after the announcement closes on July 30, 2018. Office hours are from Monday through Friday from 09:00 to 17:00 hrs, local time in Washington, D.C., USA.