Call for Applications, 2-year MA program in cultural heritage studies at CEUMaster 26.11.2018
Come to study towards a US accredited MA degree in cultural heritage research, policy, and management in the Budapest and Vienna campuses of CEU, in the heart of Central Europe. You have a good chance to receive a scholarship / dormitory / tuition waiver package. CEU is an international, English language university, ranked among the top 50 young universities worldwide. Deadline: 31 January 2019.
CEU’s Cultural Heritage Studies 2-year MA Program combines theoretical approaches to cultural heritage with practical knowledge through fieldwork and internships at heritage organizations. The result is hands-on, thorough academic training that prepares future heritage experts and practitioners with a critical understanding of the historical, social, policy and management aspects of tangible, intangible, and environmental heritage. The educational program builds on the resources of two culturally vivid capitals, Budapest and Vienna, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Who can apply?
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, with at least a BA in any field related to cultural heritage, such as historical studies, art history, archaeology, the creative and performing arts, architecture and urban development, sociology, anthropology, international relations, and management. Proof of English proficiency is required.
How to apply?
For detailed information, visit the website.
What will you study?
- Heritage project and event management
- Intangible cultural heritage and memory
- Legal protection of cultural heritage
- UNESCO World Heritage
- Sustainable heritage management
- Ethical issues, intellectual property
- GIS applications
- Digital documentation and publication
- Crowdsourcing and social media
- Cultural and heritage policy development
- Presenting heritage in written and oral genres in English
Who are we?
Our faculty’s expertise crosses borders and disciplines, including anthropologists specializing in African and American cultures, international heritage law experts, and historians and archeologists with experience in European and Asian projects. The program has a strong accent on Central European heritage with a global perspective.
Where will it take you?
Graduates typically find jobs at research bodies, governments, international organizations, heritage institutions, NGOs, and tourism industry, where they utilize the subject-specific knowledge and network we offer, combined with skills such as complex problem solving, strategic thinking, management, teamwork, presenting and communication as well as cognitive flexibility.
- Students and faculty from 115 countries
- English as the language of instruction
- 7:1 student/faculty ratio
- Alumni on 6 continents in top positions
- A community committed to academic freedom and open debate
- Innovative, multidisciplinary academic environment
- Favorable financial conditions (full and partial scholarships, tuition waivers)
January 31, 2019 for master’s studies with financial aid May 1, 2019 for self-financing master’s studies
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook @CultHerCEU
CEU today and tomorrow
Find out here how recent changes to Hungary’s higher education legislation may affect
future CEU students. In all circumstances, you can apply to CEU with confidence and
look forward to studying for a master’s or doctoral degree in a welcoming and worldclass