Call For Applications: Helmut Veith Stipend for Female Master´s Students in CSMaster 10.09.2018
Deadline: November 30, 2018 Motivated female students in the field of computer science (CS) who plan to pursue (or pursue) one of the master‘s programs in Computer Science at the Vienna Univeristy of Technology – TU Wien taught in English are invited to apply for the annually awarded Helmut Veith Stipend.
Helmut Veith Stipend
The Helmut Veith Stipend is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away in March 2016, was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science. More information on the late professor Helmut Veith here. Students who are awarded the Helmut Veith Stipend, receive:
- EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
Prospective students or current students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one) of the following areas:
• Logic in Computer Science
• Formal Methods and Verification
• Computer Security
• Algorithms and Complexity Theory
• Databases and Knowledge Representation
• Artificial Intelligence
• Software Engineering
- Proficiency in English
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English. In 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 those are:
November 30, 2018.
Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol@retsam as a single PDF document.
Applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, but the funding will only be awarded to students who have been unconditionally admitted to a master’s program.
- Cover letter, stating the student’s intention to apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend, and other aspects the applicant deems relevant
- Curriculum vitae – CV (The applicants are encouraged to demonstrate their extracurricular portfolio)
- Complete transcripts of bachelor’s course/other academic degrees
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). In case the final certificates are not available yet, a preliminary certificate issued by the degree-awarding institution must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
Download the flyer
In honor of Helmut Veith’s efforts, a stipend for outstanding female students in computer science was established with support of TU Wien, the Wolfgang Pauli Institute, and generous donations of friends and colleagues of Helmut Veith.