Global Scholarship at Kent State University in the USA, 2019Master 25.04.2019
Deadline: June 1 for fall and October 1 for spring enrollment
Open to: participants from around the world
Scholarships: $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester), reducing the cost of a Kent State 4-year undergraduate degree by up to $16,000.
For the international student who has a dream of studying in the United States, the Global Scholarship makes a Kent State Education "A Whole Lot Closer than You Think!
Kent State established the Global Scholarship in January 2018 because it values diversity among its student population and as a result seeks to attract a greater number of high quality international students to its campuses. The Global Scholarship is available to all incoming international undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been admitted to Kent State.
- Student qualifies as an incoming international student
- Student intends to pursue an undergraduate degree and will enroll full time at Kent State
- Graduate, exchange, visiting, ESL or current students are not eligible for the Global Scholarship
- In-state resident students are not eligible for the Global Scholarship
- Only those students attending the Kent campus are eligible to receive the Global Scholarship
The Global Scholarship grants each eligible undergraduate freshman or transfer student $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester). Incoming freshmen students may receive the Global Scholarship for a total of eight semesters. Transfer students may receive the Global Scholarship for up to eight semesters depending on the number of credits transferred to Kent State.
For the Global Scholarship to automatically renew each year, awarded students simply need to maintain continuous full-time enrollment at Kent State and good academic standing.
- Beginning fall enrollment: June 1
- Beginning spring enrollment: October 1
- How to Apply: Students will be automatically considered for the program upon admission to the university.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide proof of English language proficiency, transcripts, a letter of reference, and financial documentation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, Strength of high school college preparatory curriculum, and Grade trends.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must obtain TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic score, MELAB or Completing the ELS level 112 Intensive English Program or SAT/ACT.